• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gow1

I have the ASUS P5N-E SLI ATX Intel Motherboard, with the nvidia 8800gts single card not dual 512mb of ram, 2gig of corsair ram 6400, and the intel e6600 processor, I need help with the settings in the BIOS to do overclocking as i am really confused on how to do it. can anyone take the time to help me on this. I use windows Instant messenger my tagname is [email protected] thanks:confused:

which modle of ram is it? what about your psu what is it?

i would start off going to 333mhz fsb. with the ram in unlinked mode and set for ddr2-800 at the rams rated timings and voltage. you might need to bump the SPP voltage and MCP voltage a notch or 2. SPP = northbrigde on the NV boards, shouldnt need to touch any other voltages. though if you have have the motherboard set to use auto voltage on the cpu it will use a low voltage, set that to at least 1.35 volts for the cpu.

memory modules

here is the model

:soda:CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

here is the model

:soda:CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

well someone in the name of the ram it would be something like 6400-c4 or -c5 or is this set the value ram from corsair?

a link to where you bought it from would help or any place that has the same ram in stock...

with looser timings that stuff is good for ddr2-1066 5-5-5-16 timings with 2.1-2.2volts

what do u mean

with looser timings that stuff is good for ddr2-1066 5-5-5-16 timings with 2.1-2.2volts

do you mean i should get a different memory type or this memory works with those settings?:confused:

well im telling ya it wont oc at all or much if it does... i dought you will get the clocks you want to see out of your setup.. as that board is a 5xx based board that was shortl ived. asus was the only one that actually released a 500 board. it wasnt long after that release NV came out with the 600's.

you will need to start by bumping up the spp voltage 2-4 nothces and then raise the fsb. the cpu if you set the voltage manually should be at 1.35volts in bios that should be close to intels max cpu v. this will allow some ocing on the board if any is possible at all.

Try raising the FSB by a short increase, maybe 10mhz, go into windows with the 1.30V, and use a stress testing progrgam such as TAT, Orthos or Prime to test for stability, whilst using a program like speedfan to make sure you temps do not go over 70 degree C.
IF you can pass one hour, go back inot the bios nad try another 10mhz raise. If it does not work, go back into the bios, raise the voltage by ONLY 1 incretement from your original setting.
Retest.
If it passes, go back and try raising the FSB again.
Keep on doing this until you have the maximum stable FSB with a voltage below 1.4 V and temps below 70degrees.
When you have this, try a stress test for 8 hours, monitoring with speed fan or another program to make sure that you are completly stable.
IF you try to increse the voltage and it does not owrk, try increasing the voltage of the up up to 2.2V, and also try loosening the timing of the RAM.
If this does not help, and you get freeze ups or errors in windows, default you setings back onto the last known stable configuration.
Also, read the OCing giudes in the stickies. They have the words of ones much wiser than me :)
Best of luck.

well im telling ya it wont oc at all or much if it does... i dought you will get the clocks you want to see out of your setup.. as that board is a 5xx based board that was shortl ived. asus was the only one that actually released a 500 board. it wasnt long after that release NV came out with the 600's.

you will need to start by bumping up the spp voltage 2-4 nothces and then raise the fsb. the cpu if you set the voltage manually should be at 1.35volts in bios that should be close to intels max cpu v. this will allow some ocing on the board if any is possible at all.

Isn't this a 650i board?

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=1474&l1=3&l2=11&l3=473

Back