• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 680i MB-N680-ISH vs MB-N680-ISH9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leftheaded

Because the people here seem to know more about products that the techs that answer phones for maufacturers... does anyone know the actual difference between the XFX 680i MB-N680-ISH vs MB-N680-ISH9??

It's confusing... Part Number at this page is MB-N680-ISH9, while Part Number in the Product Sheet (PDF file) is MB-N680-ISH.

fwiw the guy that I talked to at XFX tech support said "the difference between the two is packaging. It's the same motherboard... they commonly use the last character in a model number like that for packaging differences."

Anyone here able to confirm that, or know something else??

Thanks!

it prolly could be, coz the only difference that I see in the model number is the 9 at the end. But Im not sure. I'm on my iPhone I'll verify when I get home

I'm on my iPhone I'll verify when I get home
lol i'm going to put that on a t-shirt

yeah, i'd be interested to know what you find out. i searched around and never found anything. all i learned is that there was some "D00" version of this, but I could never verify that either.

thanks for your help!

:beer:

lol i'm going to put that on a t-shirt

lol! I gave you an idea. You better send me one shirt too :beer:

I cant find anything too, on XFX's website only ISH9 is showing up. But I found something. Click on this two links

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813141003
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=242703

check the picture. The one on zipzoomfly, which is the MB-N680-ISH has a fan on the chipset. The other doesnt. but spec wise, hard to tell. :)

Hmmm, they resemble the BFG 680i board.... Right down to the chipset cooler. Only difference I see is the logo/brand, other than that they're identical.

The only difference I see between the MB-N680-ISH vs MB-N680-ISH9 is the revision number. Fan for the chipset is optional, but i'm sure included in the box.

i completely missed the differences in the photos (the fan). xfx site site shows it as model ISH9 with the fan, but zzf has it as ISH with the fan. while newegg has it as ISH9 without the fan.

we'll see what i get in the mail :shrug:

I just bought the "ISH" version from zipzoomfly, and it is actually ISH9. too bad it didnt work lol... big dissapointment. 4 hours or so of setting up then blam.. didnt even boot.

I just bought the "ISH" version from zipzoomfly, and it is actually ISH9. too bad it didnt work lol... big dissapointment. 4 hours or so of setting up then blam.. didnt even boot.
wtf!? this is not good news... i just ordered the ISH from zzf yesterday lol :cry: lol

was yours defective or were trying to oc? which cpu and ram did you use? what happened.. damn. sorry to hear the bad news bro

Actually I am convinced it fried my E6550 C2D. I took it out of a 1 month old vostro400 and was very careful with it, then after troubleshooting for hours to see why the board wasnt working it turns out the cpu is fried. I tried it in the vostro and took it in to be tested its dead. sucky for me :p

ouch.. well, now i have no idea what to expect when build-day comes. i've second guessed every part at least a dozen times. I finally ordered everything but the HDDs and still pricing alternatives. if this build has any issues i'm b-lining for p35/x38 and a single VGA :soda:

it'll be over week before I know. fricken 8800GT's are coming from dell.com and won't ship until 12/10

left, since you own a 680i, and the bios are the same for the 650s.... any chance you can tell me where to adjust the FSB frequency in the bios?

ps: sorry for possible thread jacking, lol.

no worries, sorry but i'm no help with that yet. i don't actually have one. just ordered it yesterday. someone else will know, or i'm sure it's buried in one of the 680i oc'ing threads lol :beer:

got my mobo today, and in fact it is the ISH9.

A+ on the packaging by XFX. this is far and away the best packaging I've seen in a product. We're talking Apple quality. All the mobo's I've ever bought were just in a plain fliptop box & static bag. I was impressed because I didn't expect this kind of quality here. Feels like first class :D

2093362747_e8b7607852.jpg

It's not the same as EVGA? Etailer I ordered from shipped to wrong address, did not use ANY packing, and has taken almost 3 weeks to RMA a previous board. But that's another story. What say you brighten my cloudy day w/ more pics? :D :D

Back