• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's answer to paypal problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IKIKUINTHENUTZ

Got this in my email today

Merchandising VP, Bernard Luthi addresses PayPal Issue

Seasons Greetings EggXperts,

As part of our continuing efforts to bring our customers the best selection of products, deals and promotions, Newegg partnered with PayPal to bring our valued customers a "20% off, up to $50" limited time special promotional offer. This promotion was scheduled to run from Monday, November 26th through Wednesday, November 28th, or until the allocated promotional funding expired.

The popularity of this promotion surpassed everyone's expectations with over almost 16,000 orders successfully qualifying in the first few hours of the launch. The overwhelming popularity of the promotion quickly depleted all allocated funds, and once the funds were expired, we immediately removed the associated marketing materials. Unfortunately, some of our valued customers were in the process of making purchases and still under the impression that the promotion was in effect, and may have been inconvenienced or not received an expected benefit.

Newegg prides itself on always providing the highest level of customer service. Customer satisfaction is our primary mission. As a result, Newegg will review all purchases made utilizing PayPal between 2:30-5:30 P.M. (PST) on Monday, November 26th and apply the “20% off, up to $50” to each customer placing an order using PayPal during that time period.

Please know and understand that we have carefully reviewed the direct and online feedback from our customers regarding this activity. We will take all necessary steps to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction as we plan our next PayPal promotion.

We thank you for your business, apologize for any misunderstanding arising from this promotion and look forward to bringing you more exciting deals in the future.

Warmest Wishes,
Bernard Luthi
Vice President, Merchandising, Newegg.com

Newegg prides itself on always providing the highest level of customer service. Customer satisfaction is our primary mission. As a result, Newegg will review all purchases made utilizing PayPal between 2:30-5:30 P.M. (PST) on Monday, November 26th and apply the “20% off, up to $50” to each customer placing an order using PayPal during that time period.

16,000 orders in 3 hours. right.

16,000 orders in 3 hours. right.

What's hard to believe about that? Newegg is one of the largest/best online tech stores. And keep in mind that those 16,000 orders are just the ones with Paypal that did the promotion. I'm sure there were many other orders during that time that didn't use Paypal.

What is the e-mail address of this guy that replied you?

I made a purchase using paypal on nov26th at 7:21est.

i guess that qualifies me

Yeah, I got one of these as well. But I already got a $15 discount because of this. So I proceeded to find a rep to attempt to give back money (I got a $24 refund from this round). Which failed (I couldn't get them to charge me $15 to get to a "correct" refund total). :shrug:

Although I won't be surprised if my next purchase has a mystery $15 charge on it :p

2-5pm is probably just the gray area where the promotion had ended but newegg/paypal didn't tell people quickly enough.

Back