• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have a 478 processor AGP 6800 Need Mother Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JOHNNYGATE

Registered
Have a 478 processor, 2 gigs of ram, AGP Nvidia 6800, and need a new Mother Board.

What are my choices?

Your best bet is to find something used because it is hard to find a decent 478 motherboard. I have 2 478 chips that I have pretty much given up on because the only board I can find is a Biostar. Not that Biostar is a bad company or anything but I want a good company's mobo lol

Thanks.. thats what I was seeing also. I cant believe the used ones are going for what I paid new! geezz.... Supply and demand I guess.

Thanks
John

You could get a an ASROCK VSTA

Will use your DDR1 and AGP card, buy a cheap 775 chip like a 2140, easy upgrade.

The boards a bit rubbish, but its cheap.

Has 2xDDR1 2xDDR2 AGP and PCI-E

Limited to roughly 300mhz FSB I'm told, mine stuck at 245 but possibly due to rubbish RAM.

The Board and a 2140 will cost less than a 478 board and blow it out the water.
Not an ideal upgrade, but cheap for incremental upgrading.
I'm getting better RAM soon and a PCI-E card some time in the future.

Do these motherboards have guaranteed Core support, or are you required to flash the BIOS with a Prescott-based chip?

Back