• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg's 3 day shipping..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

Didn't Newegg's 3 day shipping used to be just that, 3 days? I just ordered a $1.99 part, paid $5.98 for the 3 day shipping (cheapest one) only to find out from brown that the three days is 3 business days and i wont get it for 5 days. On top of this, instead of shipping from a warehouse that is three hours from me (usually get it the next day) they ship from California... i know they probably just didn't have any in the New Jersey warehouse.

[/gripe]

I don't think it is Newegg or UPS... It is me sitting here being impatient

3 days = 3 business days from the time of shipment...not time of order. So, technically, it could be even longer than 5 days.

But that would be a whole other gripe :D

That too. I'm waiting for a package too. Clicking refresh on the tracking page doesn't seem to help anything.

If anything that makes it more frustrating! My one package has said:

Arrived at FedEx location SYRACUSE, NY

for a whole 8 hours... come on FedUp get my packages here.

The worst is what I'm enduring now...

My package arrived at the local hub via FedEx early this AM and subsequently went to status: Package out for delivery.

This was exciting for me as it wasn't scheduled for delivery until tomorrow (Friday). I checked not long ago and the status read: Package not due for delivery.

So, it's out on a truck, but won't be delivered because it's not scheduled for delivery. :rolleyes:

I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow, so it's no big deal, but it sure is annoying :D

So, it's out on a truck, but won't be delivered because it's not scheduled for delivery. :rolleyes:

Blame it on Newegg, seems like everything else is the Eggs fault these days. :beer:

To the OP, in all seriousness though, it's always been business days, read the fine print.

Man, I ordered a package off newegg sunday and its due on thursday. I expect its going at least a little slower for christmas shipping. But the package has now been "In Transit to Oakland" for more than 24 hours now!!! I just hope it arrives before the weekend. Its the last parts for my first build so I'm Super Anxious. Grr! I just hope that the truck didnt crash. (for my sake and the drivers.) Is 24 hours a long time for Dallas to Oakland? I dont think that they would do that all in one shift. Anyways, dont mean to thread jack, but i didnt want to start my own.

</rant>

EDIT: Quote from UPS: " OAKLAND, CA, US | 12/18/2007 | 1:50 P.M. | IN TRANSIT TO"

I went on google maps, and got directions from dallas to oakland. I dont think i should be worried. (Especially if the drivers sleep. I hope they do)

"1,723 mi – about 1 day 2 hours" -Google Maps

Blame it on Newegg, seems like everything else is the Eggs fault these days. :beer:

To the OP, in all seriousness though, it's always been business days, read the fine print.

While it always has been "'business days" the OP is right about it seeming like they used to count the weekend.

I used to always make the rush to get my order in on friday so that I could have my packages on monday. Because even though "officially" weekends dont count, they always seemed to work out that way.

I've never had any problems with newegg shipping my stuff out on time but UPS does bite the big one as far as delivering on time/getting my packages delivered in one piece. I RMA'd a CPU and newegg got the CPU back with a bent pin that I know was fine before. UPS sucks.

w00t!!!1! Arrived in Oakland 5 minutes ago! The Internet! What a wonderful thing!!! :D
Looks like it will arrive tomorrow after all!!! :D :D

I packaged the CPU myself with all the packing peanuts that newegg had in the original box. UPS likes to play soccer with packages it seems like. The boxes are always beat to hell.

While it always has been "'business days" the OP is right about it seeming like they used to count the weekend.

I used to always make the rush to get my order in on friday so that I could have my packages on monday. Because even though "officially" weekends dont count, they always seemed to work out that way.

Again, how is this Neweggs fault though? If they ship the product, if it actually leaves their building it's up to the carrier to get it there in time, correct?

Newegg provides the products, they don't drive the UPS or FedEx truck.

Back