• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some issues with my new Gigabyte X38-DQ6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lightning[983]

Hello,

I got this Gigabyte X38-DQ6 because i really got a great price for it (20$ less than ASU P5E), and now i'm having some small issues which are probably easy to solve...

1) Sometimes, when i restart device manager looses my 56k PCI modem... when i shut down and restart its there again...

2) What is the deal with those x.xxA, x.xxB, x.xxC, x.xxD memory dividers?

I attached a picture... and marked the latency that's bothering me a bit... so does someone know what BIOS setting changes that value?
I can change it my MemSet but i kind of don't like a bunch of programs starting up with windows...

Thanx

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 87
thats a sub timing the chipset sets when it sees certian speeds and timings from the ram. you can try changing it but you will prolly result in a no boot up or corrupting windows.

I'm using memset which starts with windows and changes that value to 14... and its 10 hours Prime95 stable... so i'm just looking for a setting to make it permanent... so i don't have to change it with every boot...

well since its a sub timing and if your in the MIT menu and dont see that there. then you wont be able to set it in the bios... that was partly what i was tring to explain, i know sometimes im not to clear. sorry....

Back