• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible P35-DS3R troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonlazer

I have had this problem almost since i started overclocking. Most of the time i leave my computer running 24/7 or at least overnight...always overclocked..last night i was playing games and testing out how much i could use of my new 2x2gb memory kit hehe..(got up to 3.9 of 4gb :l..saddddd) But overnight the computer shut down and now it wont boot up at all..ive had this happen before...i changed out memory to see if new memory was problem but nope..even with all the memory out..which i thought would sound the no memory beep...nope...nothing...i know this is not a shorting problem as its happened at the least likely times cause overnight i dont sneak and move something in my computer lol..but it seems to shut down when its idle..which baffles me...im starting to think its the motherboard..

Maybe its hybernating? Are you running vista?

could be something as simple as tht.

Is the OC 100% stable?

From what iv read its not a great mobo for quad ocing compared to what it can do with a dual.

No im not running vista lol..especially after that news on XP outrunning Vista easily..and so far the overclock seemed to be good i did a 30min OCCT and it ran fine. The part i dont understand is why would it shut down while its idling overnight?...why not shut down when im playing a game and doing stuff that puts stress on it....funny question but what do you to the pins to reset CMOS?...

No im not running vista lol..especially after that news on XP outrunning Vista easily..and so far the overclock seemed to be good i did a 30min OCCT and it ran fine. The part i dont understand is why would it shut down while its idling overnight?...why not shut down when im playing a game and doing stuff that puts stress on it....funny question but what do you to the pins to reset CMOS?...

you make a contact between them for about 5 seconds.

try running it overnight on stock settings...see if it shuts down then.

What PSU do you have?

Could be something like that, kinda weird that it would shut down without any stress though.

Ok i ran it at stock and so far its been running 24/7 for a couple days fine. Gotz a OCZ Powerstream 600W. Seems as tho the hitch seems to be when it boots up...i dont know what would cause it to reset after a 30min OCCT stress test...which i just did at 3.6 and it did fine..then rebooted and it reset lol..wierd..

Back