• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone familliar with 650i ultra?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

franster45

Registered
Hey, well... i have adjusted my FSB frequencey, and ram is synced at a 5:4 ratio with the CPU FSB, which leaves it a slight overclock ( running @ 880mhz). Im running an e4500, and im trying to up it to ~3Ghz, but the system won't boot into windows, it adjusts itself back to default settings. Ive even added more volts to the board, and all fans are up to 100%. I was informed this chip should easily be able to hit 3ghz. But what is a dangerous amount of volts to add to the CPU? and also, should I add volts to the CPU FSB, or to the CPU core?

Thanks.

wow.... changed the ratio to 3:2 so i wouldnt have to volt the RAM at all..... and then I got the OC to 3 ghz, the BIOS read it, but I figured I had to volt the CPU more because it failedto boot into windows.

And now, when I go to enter the BIOS, ikt just sits thereat a black screen, and it just hangs there... so now I can't even set the defaults, lol....

Can anyone help me out here?

How am I supposed to get into the BIOS to clear it... it just hangs there. Plus, I tried flashing the bios and it just screwed it up even more... got about halfway through then there was a read error... :[

And so now there aren't any options for me to choose from.. at all. Guess I only have one choice, and that's RMA at this point. isn't it?

he meant clear the cmos with the jumper on the board... for testing the cpu you want to run the ram unlinked and at stock speeds/timings/voltage. that way you can see what the cpu does, now there will be holes you will in a sense have to jump them. as in say your at 365mhz set in bios and restart. its a no boot, reset cmos reset the settings then go to 370mhz instead.

Well, I dont think clearing the CMOS with the jumper on board will do a damn thing now... i think i messed the BIOS on entirely now, lol

not sure if this is on all boards.but on my asus p5n-e sli. if the flash go's bad .you can put your motherboard cd in the drive and as you reboot press and hold (i think i't f2).the system will recover and reflash your bios for you.
mike

hmmm.... maybe ill try that then. Anyone know if this would work with my board?

Back