• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please help..do I need to drain my system to install my VGA block with this system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shaolin95

Please help..do I need to drain my system to install my VGA block with this system?

I just got the Gigabyte Mercury Pro case with WC and wanted to add a vga block for my 8800gt. My question is, do I need to drain all my system or is there an easy way to add the vga.

Here is a pic of my systems prebuilt upgrade options:
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=4360&Itemid=40&limit=1&limitstart=1

I was hoping it was a matter of adding the tubing (which I dont know what size to get) and the vga block then running the system while adding more fluid to the system.
If it takes draining I will just go with the ACCELERO S1 but now that I got WC I like how it looks. 🆙
What do you think?

It looks like the "parallel expansion" blocks for that system are made for adding on other blocks so I'd go with that. Not the best way to WC, IMO, but you work with what you have. :)

As for tubing size, I expect you need the same size as is included in the kit otherwise the tubing won't fit those "quick-connects"(?) on the parallel blocks. Looks like you'll still need to bleed after adding the block ...

It looks like the "parallel expansion" blocks for that system are made for adding on other blocks so I'd go with that. Not the best way to WC, IMO, but you work with what you have. :)

As for tubing size, I expect you need the same size as is included in the kit otherwise the tubing won't fit those "quick-connects"(?) on the parallel blocks. Looks like you'll still need to bleed after adding the block ...

I'll concur with this :thup:

I think I will get the Accelero first and then the WC block and do a comparison...I will test on my own if this system is strong enough. :)

i hope thats one strong pump. thats alot of tubing and t's and flow meters and stuff in there. it looks like a turbine engine but, lets hope it performs like one.

We will see... :) I got divided opinions everywhere from jab-tech, sidewinder, petras and other forum members.
I figured, the only way to know is by trying it.
I wont get the Blue Eye vga block but instead the Swiftech MCW60-R to make sure I get the best or at least on of the best VGA blocks.

Back