• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

384MB SDR v 256MB DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Which would give best performance in WinXP?
I am going to buy some more DDR RAM soon anyway, but not until Jan.

I say more is always better. Certain applications will always make use of the extra. I've been running XP boxes w/ 128 without too many performance issues.

By the time your ready to buy, the price will probably be a little lower as well..go with 384! :)

well are you asking if you should go 384 Sdram vs 256ddr? I would go with ddr. 256 is fine for most things 128 would be enough but power users like us that watch DVDs while burning linux isos and such should opt for the 256ddr. crucial prices are sky high! 256 ddr is now like 66 dollars for non parity. I would wait on prices cuz 5 weeks ago it was 27 dollars. might not be that low for a while since intel is using ddr now.

I'm gonna get another 256 in Jan anyway (DDR)

I am getting an ECS K7S5A tomorrow, and I wont' upgrade it till about Oct 2002 (When the AMD K8 comes out)

Back