• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L BIOS upgrade problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thermodynamic

Hello. I have the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard (rev2). It came with the Rev F5 BIOS and would overclock my Intel Q6600 CPU to 333MHz FSB with no problems.

I just upgraded the BIOS to rev F6. Now the system won't get past the POST; rebooting just after the memory count when it starts looking for IDE drives.

Replacing the BIOS back to F5 did not resolve the problem.

Gigabyte had a rev F7B newly downloadable. Installing that did not resolve the problem either.

Has anybody else experienced this problem and, if so, did you find a resolution? (If I find something, I will post it right away.)

Thanks!

after the flash did you setup the options in the bios agian? if you did then do a deep bios clear, set the cmos jumper to clear,remove the battier,let sit for about 30mins.

after the flash did you setup the options in the bios agian? if you did then do a deep bios clear, set the cmos jumper to clear,remove the battier,let sit for about 30mins.

sounds like a plan.....

That worked -- THANKS! :)

and now I'm off to go drink. :beer:

Well, maybe I'll look at overclocking the RAM a wee bit too... :eek:

Back