• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 or MSI NEO 2 for a E4300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

i was looking at both these motherboards....i can get them both for about the same price...i can get the msi after rebates for $95 and the abit for 105 after rebates...it looks like the msi has a better mobo cooling system on it and it also supports crossfire to where the abit does not...the msi also has a push button bios reset switch on board to where the abit has the old pin jumper...i like the overall features of the msi better..but i which one will overclock better? i got a intel c2d e4300 with a OCZ vendetta cpu cooler....or for 130 i can get a open box version of the asus p5k premium...but thats 30 more...any info would be appreciated...thank you..

msi neo2-fr http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130098

abit ip35 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127029

also looking at this 650i mobo, can get it for 110 open box http://cgi.ebay.com/ASUS-P5N32-E-SL...oryZ1244QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
i wont be water cooling and you can def tell that is a water cool setup...there isnt any mobo or cpu that will do that on air....my whole system will be air....not goin h2o yet :)

i just ordered my msi 2nite....i've seen the msi up to 500 fsb on air...and i dont even think the cpu i have will do 500fsb on air anyway...so i think im good....this is only a get my buy mobo and cpu....it will go in my wife and sons computer when i upgrade to intels new socket next year...or amd's which ever is doing better at that time...

i wont be water cooling and you can def tell that is a water cool setup...there isnt any mobo or cpu that will do that on air....my whole system will be air....not goin h2o yet :)

i just ordered my msi 2nite....i've seen the msi up to 500 fsb on air...and i dont even think the cpu i have will do 500fsb on air anyway...so i think im good....this is only a get my buy mobo and cpu....it will go in my wife and sons computer when i upgrade to intels new socket next year...or amd's which ever is doing better at that time...

Actually the settings shown on those screenshots are very doable on air. If you look at his vcore its not crazy high. But it looks like you already made your purchase

yea... the thing is i asked cause alot of people that dont go by our suggestions. wind up going with them in the end.. no offense OP but this has happened many times here, if it not with one part its another...

yea... the thing is i asked cause alot of people that dont go by our suggestions. wind up going with them in the end.. no offense OP but this has happened many times here, if it not with one part its another...

but sometimes you exact suggestion always isnt the best no offense...but when i see professional websites with these boards praising them...i mean wat to do? its a p35 chipset really good features, not the lowest price but fair...What i dont like about the ip35 is that it dont support crossfire and im not willing to pay more then $120 for a mobo...the ip35-e does not support raid, which i will be running raid 0....neither one of the ip35-e or ip35 has a quick bios reset feature...the ip35 pro is just way too expensive for me at this time....those are the reasons i went with the msi...but if u can prove me wrong on any of this i can still cancel my order today...tomorrow im stuck with watever i buy today...

but sometimes you exact suggestion always isnt the best no offense...but when i see professional websites with these boards praising them...i mean wat to do? its a p35 chipset really good features, not the lowest price but fair...What i dont like about the ip35 is that it dont support crossfire and im not willing to pay more then $120 for a mobo...the ip35-e does not support raid, which i will be running raid 0....neither one of the ip35-e or ip35 has a quick bios reset feature...the ip35 pro is just way too expensive for me at this time....those are the reasons i went with the msi...but if u can prove me wrong on any of this i can still cancel my order today...tomorrow im stuck with watever i buy today...

what my suggestions are not the best cause my name doesnt grace a review webiste? thats what it sounds like... then that makes me ask if you came here for help and are just going to go by review sites. then why did you ask us in the first place?

you say my suggstions are not the best but yet what other boards did you even consider? not to mention if the board you got is this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130098
when i said look at the gigabyte p35 boards, as the P35-DS3R is only $20 more then the msi.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128050

now if you notice the biggest difference is that 1) the msi has 4sata ports. the p35-ds3r has 6 from the intel ICH9R. then extra ports from the jmicron controller. you want raid yet going to limit your self with a low amount of sata ports on the MSI board,ok...

review sites are one thing, they get free hardware. in order to keep getting free hardware they have to give good marks. to stay in a companies good graces, cause they are prolly getting other things as well from them. i read over a few forums as to what people are using and watch threads of varing boards. your reviews sites dont do that. the countless people here i have helped with building rigs. have never had any issues with anything i have suggested.

*edit*
i guess the other 2 people in your other thread mean nothing as well?
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5378960&postcount=18
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5379051&postcount=19
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5379657&posted=1#post5379657

Last edited:
It is better to take advice from people that actually have real life experience with a particular motherboard. Review sites only review them and move on to the next thing. I will always trust the people on these forums over a review site.

what my suggestions are not the best cause my name doesnt grace a review webiste? thats what it sounds like... then that makes me ask if you came here for help and are just going to go by review sites. then why did you ask us in the first place?

you say my suggstions are not the best but yet what other boards did you even consider? not to mention if the board you got is this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130098
when i said look at the gigabyte p35 boards, as the P35-DS3R is only $20 more then the msi.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128050

now if you notice the biggest difference is that 1) the msi has 4sata ports. the p35-ds3r has 6 from the intel ICH9R. then extra ports from the jmicron controller. you want raid yet going to limit your self with a low amount of sata ports on the MSI board,ok...

review sites are one thing, they get free hardware. in order to keep getting free hardware they have to give good marks. to stay in a companies good graces, cause they are prolly getting other things as well from them. i read over a few forums as to what people are using and watch threads of varing boards. your reviews sites dont do that. the countless people here i have helped with building rigs. have never had any issues with anything i have suggested.

*edit*
i guess the other 2 people in your other thread mean nothing as well?
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5378960&postcount=18
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=5379051&postcount=19
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=5379657&posted=1#post5379657

lol...dood you are taking this way to hard...i get your suggestions then i do research then i look at the features that i want in a mobo.. then i make my decision...get the hell off my back...you are getting way too offensive about this...yes i am here fore suggestions...everyones opinions are diff...i consider all suggestions...and yes i know the ip35 is a good mobo and the gigabyte...but if you read wat i features i wanted in a mobo maybe u would understand why i chose wat i did...re-read my post above...i considred the suggestions but they just did not have the features that i wanted and if they did have all the features they were just too expensive for me...$130 was tops that i could spend on a mobo, not a dollar more...and i wanted xfire and raid...

i am very sorry i did not go with the less featured better o/cing mobo...i know the abit will do a lil better then the msi...believe me i know wat the abit can do and i really wanted the abit ip35 pro...i love abit i've built over 35 systems with abit boards and only had probs with 2 of them..i am not retarded....i mean i've never bought a msi board in my life and i really didnt want to but the abits that i could afford just didnt have the features i wanted...if the msi is such a sack of **** mobo thats my prob now i guess...but i dont think the msi will be all that bad from the reviews and some other forums that i've been to...but the only way to find out is to try it...and with the amount of money i had to work with and the features that i personally wanted the msi is all i could find...believe me i had a hard time with it...but life, kids, wife, limited me...

Last edited:
yea newegg is 180 with a 30 mir so its 150 after rebate..just sux i didnt have the money for it =/..but oh well, it is wat it is...lets just see what we can do with this msi mobo...hopefully i got one if the jewels...im def gonna need your guys help in the bios...i've never o/ced a intel before let alone a dual...good times to come...but im sure it cant be that much more diff then amd...i've have both my amd setups o/ced 470mhz stable...i wanna see wat i can do with intel

your the one taking things wrong.. my main point was if your going to follow a review site and then say we/i dont know our stuff... then why ask us in the first place? as well your post replies to me have been more close to personal attacks then anything... im just posting up facts about what we have seen here in the forums, thats all.. the only one that needs to relax is you...:soda:

review site are good for a into to a product, if you want what its doing read the forums on various sites...

*edit*
besides you basicly insult someone saying there suggestion is less cause its not on a review site. then expect them to be ok with that? had you just said im going with it cause its a better fit for what i need, that would have been better.

Last edited:
your the one taking things wrong.. my main point was if your going to follow a review site and then say we/i dont know our stuff... then why ask us in the first place? as well your post replies to me have been more close to personal attacks then anything... im just posting up facts about what we have seen here in the forums, thats all.. the only one that needs to relax is you...:soda:

review site are good for a into to a product, if you want what its doing read the forums on various sites...

uh im sorry buddy in not one post did i say you or anyone else didnt know anything about computers...im sorry that you misunderstand and take something i say the wrong way...i have not personally attacked anyone and nor will i unless i am personally attacked...im an easy goin guy, but like i said i had a very low budget and was looking for specific features in a mobo and thats why i had to go with the msi...i mean if i had money to spend i would have gotten the asus p5k x38 mobo..thats the mobo i really want...but xmas, the family, and kids limited my funds and i want a computer now...lets just end this school girl bickering...lets just drink a beer together and relax...it will be ok...if i offended you in anyway im sorry... :)

its cool cause part of it to me was a insult not just to me but our forums.. that dont fly with me but any way :soda:

they get you a tracking number for the board yet?

hell no i did not insult the forum...forums are GREAT!!! i mean they give me the starting points of my research...w/out the forums i wouldn't even know what boards to research without reseaching more...forums cut my reseach time in half...but i am a researcher i will always search countless sites on suggested items... i wont just take one or two peopless word for it....thats just me as a individual....:)

but nope, no tracking number yet....im sure i'll get all that info 2morrow...man i didnt realize the mir ended yesterday...i bought that board an hour b4 the rebate ended not knowing it...so today i went to dl the rebate form and it was gone...i was like wtf....if i dont get the 30 mir on this board i was sending it back i was getting ****ed off, but after using the rebate search on newegg i found that it...and i checked the rebate date and it was 12-01 to 12-08 and i ordered it at 11pm...LOL..dam that was close...shew i said to myself...but i was panicing for a moment...cuz the mir also helped my decision alot as well...but im glad i went with this board for the price...it looks cool and as long as i get 500fsb...but i dont even think my E4300 will do 500 fsb anyway...matter of fact wat is the max fsb on the e4300 anyway on air?

Back