• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nice OCing mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mooyo

I've done some reading around and it appears that most motherboards that are based on the ip35 chipset seem to overclock reasonably well. I've been looking at Gigabyte's GA-P35-DS3L board or some of the ASUS PK5 mobos and they have been pretty popular.

I'm looking to spend anywhere from $80 to $175 or so on the motherboard and was wondering if there would be any other recommendations. Also, there seem to be a plethora of PK5 options to pick from; are there any in particular that are known to be a bad choice? Or a good choice for that matter

EDIT I was also curious if the mobos with 680i chipsets were any good?

Last edited:
there are no more good 680i options imo, the best was the A1 board from evga. 780i is due out next year now... i suggest looking at what you want to do, if you see going SLI then look at the Abit 680i based board as a good replacement for the Evga board. if you dont want sli and just plan for a single highend card, then go p35. my suggestions for boards are any of Abit IP35 boards... then it would be the gigabyte boards p35-s3l,p35-ds3l,p35-ds3,p35-ds3r.

All Abit p35 board are good ... very easy to oc and lot of setting inside bios ...imo best board design ... look for the ip35-pro ... arround 175$ ...

yea i forgot about that...newegg.com has it with a MIR right now making it 149 after MIR.

I have a GA-P35-DS3R and its awesome....I only had a short go on it before my PSU gave up (not related) and i got it to 490fsb :D:D

Appreciate all of the input, thanks guys! Looks like I'm gonna pick up one of the Gigabyte boards.

IP35-Pro is the bomb! One just came in the mail yesterday, too bad its for a friend. :(

102_1426.jpg

Gigabyte boards are great as well. Worked a lot with the DS3R and DS3L. :)

Back