• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help needed! New to Intel Overclocking!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majinwar

Just messing around with my new rig and I can't seem to find a FSB multiplier or something to get the FSB back around the 800mhz stock mark.

I'm on an Intel E2140 with the Asus Maximus Formula board. I've got it running @ 2.46ghz, stock volts, FSB frequency @ 410mhz, but the FSB is at 1640mhz which I'm going to assume is too high above the 800mhz stock speed?

Sorry, I'm used to overclocking with AMDs and am probably going to have more questions to come.

It was called the HT multiplier for my AMD. Not sure what intel calls it. I added a SS and circled what I am talking about for clarification.

fsbquestion.png

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
you cant change it that simple cause the cpu uses a quad pumped fsb. what ever your fsb is that is the quad pumped buss. you say your at 300mhz but cpuz says 410mhz, which is it?

if you want the quad pumped buss down you have to lower the boards FSB, ie 266/333/400.

you cant change it that simple cause the cpu uses a quad pumped fsb. what ever your fsb is that is the quad pumped buss. you say your at 300mhz but cpuz says 410mhz, which is it?

if you want the quad pumped buss down you have to lower the boards FSB, ie 266/333/400.

oops sorry, the screenshot didn't match my description.

If it is being quad pumped, how do I get the CPU to like 3.2Ghz with an E2140 without the FSB going to like 2000mhz?? isn't that unsafe?

oops sorry, the screenshot didn't match my description.

If it is being quad pumped, how do I get the CPU to like 3.2Ghz with an E2140 without the FSB going to like 2000mhz?? isn't that unsafe?

you cant and its not a bad thing... its the way intel desided to do it, thats why you will see ss's with 2000mhz+ quad pumped fsb's. like this one
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2244100&postcount=68

remember war intel cpus do not have a IMC on the cpu... for that simple reason the quad pumped buss for the cpu. that can be higher with out affecting the cpu. Intel will have CSI in late 09 and that is HTT,amd has had that for a while.

you cant and its not a bad thing... its the way intel desided to do it, thats why you will see ss's with 2000mhz+ quad pumped fsb's. like this one
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2244100&postcount=68

remember war intel cpus do not have a IMC on the cpu... for that simple reason the quad pumped buss for the cpu. that can be higher with out affecting the cpu. Intel will have CSI in late 09 and that is HTT,amd has had that for a while.

Ah I see, thank you very much. Now I just have to figure out what settings to mess with to get this thing over 2.5Ghz.

Ah I see, thank you very much. Now I just have to figure out what settings to mess with to get this thing over 2.5Ghz.

im sure upping some of the voltages would help you in getting to 2.5

im sure upping some of the voltages would help you in getting to 2.5

I can get to 2.5 on stock volts, it's getting over it that I don't know which volts to raise. :confused:

That and I don't know which are safe volts for things like the NB and SB.

Back