• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5E, don't use 405 bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

They are buggy and don't allow you to change voltages. Getting back to an older bios version is a real pain in the a**. :bang head

It has disappeared and reappeared on their web site. Still worse than worthless.

Incompetent software testing. :bang head

I just downloaded the 404 BIOS release and updated it without thinking. I can't manually edit half the stuff for overclocking. Has anyone heard of any fixes coming from ASUS?

I've been told the latest Win ASUS bios upgrade software will let you go back to an older version of the bios. Select the options with the upgrade software tool and select the opinion to use older version. If the report was in error and the tool still doesn't work, go find the 6.10.0 version LINK to it

Ok, this is screwy.

I used the new tool per deeppow's recommendation and downgraded to the 202 BIOS (9/6/07). I rebooted, and all those voltage options are still locked, I still can't edit anything but the FSB. It's like the 404 BIOS is still stuck in there somewhere even though it's reporting that the 202 is installed on boot.

Ok, this is screwy.

I used the new tool per deeppow's recommendation and downgraded to the 202 BIOS (9/6/07). I rebooted, and all those voltage options are still locked, I still can't edit anything but the FSB. It's like the 404 BIOS is still stuck in there somewhere even though it's reporting that the 202 is installed on boot.
Looks like a pattern at Asus. New beta BIOS took out my onboard LAN and older BIOS' couldn't get it working........moved on to another board.

I had the same problem with 405. Was able to reload an older bios, in this case I've used and am using 402. I assume when you reload, it shows a successful complete. If that is the case, I don't understand the why (certainly don't debate the point that it is happening) but you'll need to build a bootable CD or thumb drive since the ASUS bios are too big for a floppy.

If you can't get the Win app to work, afudos sounds like a straight forward way to go. I've bookmarked a link for the future, just in case.

Back