• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad OCZ pc3200 platinum 4x512 on P4C800-E .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kiriakos

I planing to get some extra Ram for my system .. the new Game Crysis eats all my ram .

I am OCed from the start, lots years now .
Question is it possible the extra memory to cause issues and to force me to step down my FSB ?

Right now i am at 236Mhz , with Ram voltage 2.6v , and 3-4-4-8 .
At this settings i can play Crysis even for 9 hours and its rock steady .

What is your stories by adding four modules ?

Thanks .. :santa2:

Right now i am at 236Mhz , with Ram voltage 2.6v , and 3-4-4-8,
OCZ 3200 Platinum R2 2x512
Is that the Platinum Rev 2 TCCD ram?

I had a 4x512mb set of those in my Abit IC7-G Max II running at 243MHz, 2.5-3-3-5, 2.7v BIOS (2.75v actual). It was 24/7 stable running folding@home.

You should be able to tighten your timings if you increase the vdimm a little bit.

Yes its about the Platinum Rev 2 TCCD ram.

The point is that for one mysterious reason , the memory looks to have better bandwidth when i use slow timing and 2.6v, than higher timing and more volts !!

Thats why, i had set up the system that way .

I just got and install the extra ram , so far so good , my box become even more sweeten !! :santa:

In time i will do some tests , to see if with the extra ram, i could lower my cas timings .

Its well known that the P4C800ED , does not welcome all memory brands and all cas timings .

nice, i have been wondering if using 4 sticks would be a problem as I'm thinking about picking up another 2gb

In 2004 I used 2 x 256MB OCZ EL4200, but since I only had a 2.6C cpu it could only go 20% oc, so 240/480/960. It is cas 2.5 at 266// and oc'd to 288 on this mobo with a 2.4C. Recently I bought for $30 CAD 2 x 256MB OCZ Platimun. I know the 4 worked fine together, at least at 200/400/800. I need to expereiment with timings and max oc. To be honest I cannot remember if it was PC4200 or PC3200. I think it was 4200, if there is such a thing. I was very happy to find it, such an excellent experiment. I am gonna see if the 4200 or 3200 homepage looks more familiar. The mobo is acting weird and is in a BIOS writers possesion at the moment for a re& re diagnosis. Otherwise I may have more for you in the (near) future... I just bought XPXPro for it.

Man, talk about a CED re-unuion!

i was running 250fsb(DDR500) dual channel mode with 2 sticks of 512mb pc4000 crucial ballistix. it was prime stable but wouldnt OC much more after that. i then added 2 512mb corsair pc4200 and no post. it just wouldnt post with 4 sticks of ram at that fsb and having dual channel. i am now using a multiplier of 4/5. the weird thing is that i can now go to 260fsb. giving me 3900mhz and ddr 208(416) in dual channel.

i really wish i bought 2 X 1GB ddr sticks instead of 4 X 512MB. i dont really feel much of a difference with more memory... i do feel a slight difference in performance due to the slower memory. my HD 1080P movies sometimes skips on action scenes... but if i dont run anything else while watching, its ok.

Well , the secret with quad 512 mem ,
are that you must to bump the Cas latency a bit.
Even at 200 Mhz ... it must be as 2.2.3.5 .

At 213 Mhz as 2.3.3.6

At higher than 230 as 3.4.4.8

The many memory modules act weird , because the signals have to travel longer distance , and needs some extra relax timings for that.

In my case i prefer to relax the timing , than getting 2x1GB modules .

Back