• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few quick questions about BIOS settings..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

majinwar

I was wondering what to do with the CPU spread spectrum and the PCIE spread spectrum? Should I just disable them?

Also, should I disable the J-Micron PATA/SATA Controller? I think I should since I am using Intels ICH9R drivers, but I just thought I should double check on all these things.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, disable the two spread spectrum. I would tend to leave the PATA/SATA controller enabled but it depends on the other hardware you have. For CD or DVD drives you'll probably need it.

Just disable CPU and PCIE Spread Spectrum. If youre not using your IDE then you can just disable J-Micron Controller. Do you have an SATA Optical drives?

EDIT: @ deeppow: man you're always 2 sec ahead of me. lol your k/b must oc'ed. :p

Thanks for the quick responses! I only have sata cables/drives in this new rig, no more ide for me! So the J-micron controller is for IDE stuff?? aka I should disable it?

Back