• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Striker Extreme problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tat2monsta

hi all.. been a while

i just got a striker extreme mb and a e6850 (go)
all installed and running on the specs in sig. but im getting BSOD on boot (stock settings) not all the time. but enough!
stop:0x0000009c (0x00000000,0xba33c050,0xb200040,0x00000800
that might be a Z not a 2 as i whote it down on scrap paper
i have upped my ram voltage to 2.1 as i have seen this mentioned in other places.
i bought this ram when i bought the MB and CPU and i have a funny feeling that it is this causeing my probs. as a try n error i added another 2gig of pc2-5400 ocz gold to see if it would run . and it did with no BSOD so far.

so to my main question.. aimed at striker owners old n new,what ram are you using.and do you think this ram is wrong for this rig.
this mb came with 1305 bios and after seeing peeps having probz with it i downgraded to 1301

any help is great thanks as im starting to think i shouldnt of bought this, it was an impulse buy so my gf could have my old kit doh!.

Last edited:
the stop error could be something else... have you tried each stick in the board alone? what about using the other dimm slots? is the stop error taking place when you install windows or when its booting up?

no..not tried a single stick or other slots,as it hasnt done it again since first post..(will try the above when/if it does it again)
haa typical huh.. it has done it about 20 or more times since i built it a few days ago tho.
if it stays ok i will try to OC it. as i wanna get it to 3.8 atleast maybe 4 if i can work out how

still interested to know what ram others are using on this setup

hmm. well since i first posted on here it hasnt blue screened on startup.. maybe the ram wasnt sat properly.. or as evilsizer said.. it could be somthing else.
ive just notched up to 3.4 and it seems ok so far. just ran crysis for n hour with no slow down or lockups.
i wanna go higher. need to read up about ram settings.. reading aint my strong point,im an artist dammit

Back