• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bleeding System?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jetster220

Okay guys, I have my first attempt at H2O system coming this week, what is the best way to bleed the air out, and fill it, and also how do I test it without turning on the rest of the PC.

Okay guys, I have my first attempt at H2O system coming this week, what is the best way to bleed the air out, and fill it, and also how do I test it without turning on the rest of the PC.

Short the green wire on the ATX connector of the PSU to one of the black wires with a paperclip and it'll turn on.

Short the green wire on the ATX connector of the PSU to one of the black wires with a paperclip and it'll turn on.

yup, here are pictures if need be.

as for bleeding the system res's help the best but a t line works just a good.

but just run the system until no more air comes out (up the t line or in the res) make sure there is liquid in the system at the pump before you start it though. also moving the case around helps to remove air.

When it comes to bleeding air, you have two options. You either go with a t-line or res. I prefer a res myself, and as far as commercially available reservoirs go, the Swiftech Microres is what I would recommend. Either way, you normally want the res or t-line to feed into the pump inlet so that when you are filling the loop your pump doesn't run dry. You don't want your pump to run dry at all. If possible, a res or t-line works best when mounted at the top of your loop since air naturally rises.

I use a sepatate old cheap PSU with the ATX connector shorted out as per the instructions above to power the pump when initially filling. I prefer not to use my expensive PSU that is in my setup for this. If you do use your case PSU, unplug everything just to make sure you don't have any power going to your components when filling and leaktesting.

Don't forget some way to drain your loop as well by either having a plugged T connector at the bottom of the loop, or by being able to remove a hose or whatever. People often forget this simple thing and put a new setup together and then forget that they need a way to drain it out.

A Res is definately the easiest way to go.

I find myself bouncing back and forth between a T-Line and a res. After I've had a res for a while, my next build is usually a T-Line, and then the one after that is usually a res.

Back