• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling all OCF Long islanders....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joeteck

Retired
dominick32 and myself are apparently neighbors. About 5 miles from each other. Pretty cool stuff. We are thinking of getting a OCF meeting together, and we wanted to ask you guys if you were interested in attending...

We have no idea where we would have it, but based on how many are interested, I'm sure we can get the Hauppauge Marriot, or someplace similar to have it.

Plus maybe we can form in into a join able not-for profit club. Where we meet the first Friday of every month at a library, because I'm sure it would be for free. Who knows... Just Idea's now... It may form in a very nice club... Where we can get new member to join our club for the Elite computer enthusiast, and beginners... To learn how to Over clock their rig. Have some real impressive sponsors... The possibilities are endless. Of course, whom ever is responsible for OCF to begin with would have to agree to this as well...

I wish I could make this a voting thread with user names, to see who's interested.

Also, we want to start possible a NY extreme cooling crew within this little local OCF club. Where we can all maybe put a Penryn rig together and start clocking with LN2, etc.!!!! To progress the OCF team.

Whos in?

What could also happen is that we can attend computer shows for free, since we would be not-for-profit. And try to get new users this way. It could turn into a very nice elite computer OCF club...

I know you have to contact a mod to start new threads in O/C Community now, but that seems like the best place to post this. I wish I was still in the area, I used to live right outside NYC, but now I'm down in NC.

Yah, jack222 lives in walking distance from me. The only thing is that the middle of Long Island is a bit of a haul. Would you mind splitting the difference an finding a meeting place that is like halfway between us? Queens would work for me and near a subway line would be even better.

If you can do that, then I don't see to much problem with getting the rest of the local crowd together. Off had I think that we may get Pinky, stratcatprowlin, MDComp and Godman.

I am thinking we should rent out a Marriot Convention hall and put an overclocking event/gathering together. Maybe turn it into a show and get some companies there: MS, Intel, Nvidia, etc. Just an idea. If no companies, than maybe just a ton of OCF members can bring our rigs and spend the day benchmarking for the team and drinking Jolt cola.. LOL

Sounds expensive.

Not really. Most of everything would be given to us, called sponsors. OCF is an established, rather a well established forum, with many users. I'm sure we can get a few plane tickets and fly you guys in for the meet... This could happen, especially if we get Intel as a sponsor and AMD. Since we do overclock our rigs, I can see this being an annual event that everyone want to come and see. I very big money making opportunity for computer type vendors. Thermal Take will be there, pretty much everyone. With kinda of unlimited funds from our sponsors, we would be able to anything we wish...

Yet another reason I wish I lived in NYC. Meh...I'm not rich and enjoy my square footage. Guess it's a fair trade off. Good luck to you guys. Someone take pics and write something up for the front page about it! (If said person doesn't have a wordpress account, PM me. :beer:)

Maybe we can get a fly-in... Have everyone meet at a central location more suitable for everyone...

Dam, I'm too far up north to attend :( If I lived in NYC, a quick ride on the LIRR would have been nothing. Besides this is over 2 years old.

I'm just outside Philly. The drive there wouldn't be too bad :p

I'd definitley consider if we can get some gaming goin!

im down, me and a friend who just joined the forums live in suffolk, definately would be down to attend either or, lanparty or just a meet. I know for sure my friend would come too.

Back