• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg open box item anyone ever order one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Just curious, I'm thinking about ordering a new mobo for my amd 64.
The open box stuff is always good 15 to 20 bucks cheaper alot of times. These things ok? or should i not order one?

A long time ago I got an open box 9700 pro. Worked fine just didnt have the driver disk or manual but that didnt matter to me.

You are taking a chance though and usually its not worth the $15 - $20 difference.

If it was a $50+ difference then it may be worth it.

Don't expect any accessories included in the box. There have been a few discussions lately about Newegg's policy to not necessarily include accessories in the box (though they might be).

I have ordered open box about 4-5 times. I always get everything that originally came with it. Haven't ever had an issue. The warranty is only different by 60 days and normally the manufacturer will cover any issues you have.

In fact I just ordered a GA-P35C-DS3R open box just last week...it was cheaper by $40 and I couldn't see paying the extra for an extra 60 days.

I have ordered many open box / refurbished items items from them over the past 4 years. I would say over half the time the items appeared to be new. I mean they came 100% retail. The other times I got stuff that was just the item itself. Of those a couple of times it has been DOA. The other times they have worked great.

1. don't expect any accessories, discs or manuals.
2. IF you get any of the above Bonus!
3. Usually there is a Bonus! See above.
4. I love the open box stuff!

Ordered my 7600gt last november as an open box item...

Came with all the acc. and discs :)

...even that bazzoka sam game or w.e it is...

sweet thx for the info guys. I seen the threads about it lol. I don't care about the cords and stuff. Usually even if i have to buy some cords or whatever i rather buy some others ones (like the fancy stuff lol).

So sounds great, cause even for my jan. build coming up for a totally new machine i was thinking of looking into ordering open box to try and bring the price down enough to afford a phenom, or maybe a radeon 3850 pci express 2.0 (i think its a 3850). Yeah i keep in mind might get a bad part or something, but oh well i've ordered plenty of brand new stuff over the years and had to rma etc etc.

thx for the info again!

For things like video cards I would not buy a open box as they always seem to be missing the VIVO cable or something.

I have had 50% positive open box. Certain things I jsut wont do open box anymore (motherboard is one) but because i generally have worse luck overclocking on open box items.

Back