• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggest a P35 board with 2 x PCi-e x16

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markrb

Registered
I am looking for a decent, but cost effective P35 DDR2 775 board that will have 2 x Pci-e x16 connectors. I need the second for a X4 RAID card.
Overclocking, but not extreme and honestly if I am 40mhz slower then I could be I really don't care.
Currently use a CD2 6400, but as always that could change, but I don't see Quad Core in the near future.
I am considering the MSI P35 Neo2 FR, but would like to hear other choices.
I wish Abit made a 2 x x16 Pci-e board for less, but $180 before rebate is a bit steep right now for me. I don't use firewire so that isn't a big deal for me and I will not use the On board RAID.

Thanks,
Mark

i was in the exact same situation last week..i wanted the abit ip35 pro but it was a lil too steep price wise...and i wanted crossfire and raid and a good featured board....i found the MSI Neo2-FR, and it had everything i wanted plus a nice price tag...and i like the push button bios reset feature and the heatpipe design...it does do a good job cooling...some ppl dont like it but have you saw a board that 100 percent of people have had no probs with? sometimes you get a bad board no matter what brand you buy...but in the links below you will see wat a good working msi neo2 will do out of box no mods...it does extremely well in o/cing for the price..newegg has a $20 mir on it right now so its 99 after mir...mine is on the way :) heres a couple links....

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1754798
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/08/dual_vs_quad/page41.html

some people might want to point you another way..but i've read reviews on all boards that have probs o/cing...some abit ip35 pros have probs o/cing, asus's, gigabytes, etc...no one can guarentee you anything...its luck of the draw...although most p35 mobo o/c just fine...what kind of money do you have to work with and what features are a must have in your board...the msi is a very good way to go for performance/price ratio...it o/cs with the best of em...

Last edited:
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on that MSI motherboard as well. I saw review on anandtech as well.
I don't think your gonna beet it, another big thing is it has the ICH9R as well, the abit and gigabyte boards with RAID and 2xpci-e slots are 50 more.

Back