• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel DG965SS support e6x50 series C2D?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randyman...

My guitar player's Gateway mATX MoBo died, and I have an Intel DG965SS MoBo on the way (he has a P4 775 for now, but will be upgrading to C2D VERY soon). Does anyone know if the Intel DG965SS supports the newer 1333FSB e6x50 series C2D CPU's (like an e6750)?

Intel's website indicates the DG965SS only supports 800FSB-1066FSB CPU's (meaning e4x00/e6x00/e6x20 series are supported), but the most recent BIOS is from 11-20-2007 and indicates that it added new CPU Support (but doesn't indicate what CPU's were added). I'd assume this means it will support the 1333FSB C2D's, but I'm not sure.

Anyone know for sure? IIRC, my Asus P5B-Deluxe and P5B-E 965-based MoBo's will support 1333FSB via BIOS updates, so I'd assume this is possible...

Thanks! I'd hate to buy him a $200 e6750 only to have it not work :cry: . I guess the worst case scenario would be that I take the e6750 and give him my e6600 ;)

:cool:

Bump... Anyone?

It is odd that Intel would release a BIOS on 11/20/07 that specifically states "Added more CPU Support", and not disclose exactly what CPU's are now supported :confused:

P965 is still a bit fuzzy if it does or not... i know asus made a big deal about 975x does thoug. i havent seen any real info if it does or not...i would suggest him going with the E4500 though.. that is if he doesnt do any ocing..

Thanks for the replies. I might just buy a new e6750 for my rig, and sell him my e6600. I'm still curious what CPU Support was added with the 11/20/07 BIOS?

well since its intel they prolly added the new 45nm support to their boards already if its a new bios.

That is exactly what I'm thinking, but intel doesn't seem to disclose the new CPUs that are supported by the new BIOS (just says "Added more CPU Support" or something).

Arrgh! :mad:

PS - I fixed my Guitar Player's PC! It is now running fine with the $49 DG965SS MoBo. That was a cheap fix (but took some time with the re-install and all). And it was an "Open Box" from newegg - more like "Here is some bubble wrap and no box" :eek: . It was missing the I/O Shield, so I ordered one from Intel for $3 (still saved like $30 off a Retail Boxed model). Not too shabby ;)

Last edited:
Back