• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance-pcs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deanzo

Benchmarking Senior Member
Hey guys,

I've done a search for performance-pcs it the title around the forum but couldn't find much.
I'm looking at ordering some items off them and just wondered if any of you guys have used them, and if everything went fine.

Being an International order, it's best to ask around first before I hand over my money :)

Reasonable Resellerrating rating. I've bought a few things from them with no problems. You really can't tell about a reseller till you have a problem and see how they solve it so I can't be of help there. I would say your best bet for more info is to dive into the details available on ResellerRatings.

they are solid.ive bought a bunch of stuff from them.never had a issue.altho i would check petras and jab-tech as their prices are generally a bit better.

ive had no problem with them, bought a few things from them, case, coolers, etc things like that (modding supplies too)

i know one person had a issue with them i forgot whom tho. something about them not warning with one of the thermochill rads getting punched with the screws or it was DOA but regardless it leaked..... and PpC gave him a hard time

(i dont know what was true or what was false in this situation) since i wasnt there when he popped his rad :p

edit: also, they're based in florda so i get things quicker from them being in ohio :)

Thanks guys,

The item doesn't cost much, but still better to ask around first.
I had a look at Petras and Jab-Tech. as I've seen so many good things said about them, but they don't have what I'm after.

I just gave them a shot last week, bought a case and a few trinkets.
Price was right and delivered on time, I'll use them again...........

Never had a problem with them. My only irritation was when they shipped my TT Mozart Tx case in the original box. The case was in fine shape, but it seemed a little unprofessional to me to not put it inside of another box. Then again, that might just be how its done.

I must say their sleeving service is outstanding, I have had 6 fans from them and its well done.

Usually thats how it's done. Most of the time if you buy a case from a retail location it'll have shipping labels still on it.

Performance PCs tends to carry some things other vendors don't so thats usually when I use them. Have never had a problem.

Never had a problem with them. My only irritation was when they shipped my TT Mozart Tx case in the original box. The case was in fine shape, but it seemed a little unprofessional to me to not put it inside of another box. Then again, that might just be how its done.

I must say their sleeving service is outstanding, I have had 6 fans from them and its well done.

thats pretty much the standard for cases in my experience.they all have come in the manufacturers box,nothing else.ive ordered cases from several different etailers and they all came that way.i agree tho,as heavy as most cases are you have to believe it would benefit them to add a bit more packaging.its got to cost them loads to reship a new case because of ups/fedex dings and dents.

i agree about the sleeving as well.not that cheap see thru crap either.they use the nice thick stuff :)

i agree about the sleeving as well.not that cheap see thru crap either.they use the nice thick stuff :)

Thats good to know, 2 of the 4 items I just ordered needed sleeving.
With a little luck my items should be down here in 10 or so days, though christmas may make it a little longer.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=539337

Thats my recent transaction with them, PM with any specific questions...

I'll be keeping an eye on your thread, I hope they work with you over the dent.

I've sent many e-mails to Hank (owner/operator/manager) over the past few years and he always replies very quickly. They have a very nice selection of products and they always ship quickly.

The only problem I have ever had with Performance-PCs was being sent the wrong power supply, but it wasn't really their fault because the factory put the wrong model in the box of the power supply I wanted and the difference in the model number was only one letter, but for my project it made a huge difference.
They shipped the correct power supply to me and it arrived the day after I put the "wrong" PSU in the mail to them.

Most of the negative ratings on resellerratings seem to be over very petty issues, things beyond the control of the store (like shipping prices on heavy or large items), or an unwillingness to follow up on the reply they got from customer service. Some of the worst stores I've dealt with simply don't answer questions AT ALL, or continue sending you canned unhelpful responses after a weeks time.

I am not happy, with an e-mail I got from them, needless to say I sent a response. I am waiting to hear back from them.

Finally have had everything taken care of... sorry for the late response i've been busy, but they got me a new front door and i just need to send back my old one... But basically i had to throw a bit of a fit then they decided to send me the door without sending mine first. Needless to say i understand they don't have stockpiles and **** happens, same time they took care of me and I would still do business with them in the future. At least they didn't f me over like they could have.

Update* they are making me pay for shipping back to them for the front door... retarded...

Is that normal practice in the US ?
Seems odd to me.

I'm a Distribution Manager, I'd never get away with that here (NZ)

nope not really, just a small company that doesn't have a lot of money to spend on shipping i suppose... i won't do much business with them anymore... still some stuff you can only get there...

Update* they are making me pay for shipping back to them for the front door... [stupid, unfair, I don't agree with their decision, etc.]...

By chance are you also paying for them to ship you the new door, or will the company cover that cost? Seems to me like they are being fair unless I am missing something .

By chance are you also paying for them to ship you the new door, or will the company cover that cost? Seems to me like they are being fair unless I am missing something .

THey paid to ship me the door, but if i bought the product at best buy i would be able to return it no questions asked, if i bought it from newegg they would pay for everything and give me extra money (its happened before, just not with a lian-li case) but the big thing is, that I didn't do it... THe case CAME with a scratch... its just ridiculous i have to pay for anything... My products should be perfect and for 250 dollars i should get everything PERFECT!

I have placed several orders from them, and have had great service every time. I had to have a CCL replaced from my first order, and they did so with no problems.

Back