• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newegg or asus ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikegis

can someone please help me out here?
i have a asus p5n-e sli motherboard. i got it from newegg.com on 8/3/07.
it died on 12/9/07.newegg said i have to contact asus for repairs.went there
and was able to find this info...

Capture.JPG

i emailed asus and told them the board is dead .but didn't get a answer from them. how long's it take for them to get back to you? is newegg or asus the one i should be contacting.. thanks mike

You need to contact Asus. Newegg will only exchange if its within 30 days I believe.

I would contact Newegg. Go to your account then request an RMA. You have to fill out a simple form online and describe what happen (your mobo died). You will get an RMA number either instantly or within a few minutes (I forgot because I haven't RMA in a couple months). Just box up the mobo and ship it to the address they gave you and they'll send you a new one once they receive the broken one.

@CGR, are you sure they only will exchange within 30 days? Is that just for OEM items or for retail too? Again...its been a little while since I've had to make RMAs so I could be wrong.

ok that's what i was thinking to .but then what's the deal with where to repair , contact
your reseller ? i'm a little mixed up on that cause the reseller would be newegg no?
thanks mike

@CGR, are you sure they only will exchange within 30 days? Is that just for OEM items or for retail too? Again...its been a little while since I've had to make RMAs so I could be wrong.

Not totally sure about the 30 days but I am fairly certain they wont after four months.

i called newegg and was told only 30 days.
thanks mike

Sucks thats how it is but thanks for calling and letting us know. Like BLOOP! said, asus is a good company to deal with. From what I've heard they are generally very good with RMAs.

Back