• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35-E voltage settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackersabbath

I have worked on OC'ing my E2160 M0 on my IP35-E for a couple weeks now. I don't understand what a few voltage settings do though. I am wondering what CPU VTT, MCH, ICH and CPU GTLREF actually are and what they have to do with stability while overclocking. I have heard something about raising the PCI-E bus speed a little too. I got up to 375 CPU Frequency but I want to try to get to 400 and maybe one of these voltage options can help.

Thanks in advance

its not going to alter your OC until much higher overclocks, in the +500fsb range.

Changing it also puts a great deal of stress on the processor.

So, pretty much there is nothing that I can do but raise the vcore for stability? I can get to 375x9 no problem at 1.4475vcore but the temps are a little high for my liking while running Prime95 if I go higher.

So, pretty much there is nothing that I can do but raise the vcore for stability? I can get to 375x9 no problem at 1.4475vcore but the temps are a little high for my liking while running Prime95 if I go higher.

Up your southbridge, VTT, and northbridge in increments until orthos crashes, then slowly back it down.

I hit as high as 66C on Prime95@375x9 with 1.4475vcore. I may be getting that diamond paste and if I do I will be testing it. I was getting an idle temp of about 32C with the same vcore as my room is usually pretty cool. Core 0 wanted lots of vcore for some reason while core 0 was more stable at lower vcore. I may even try reseating the heatsink over the weekend because I don't have any obligations this weekend.

Last edited:
I hit as high as 66C on Prime95@375x9 with 1.4475vcore. I may be getting that diamond paste and if I do I will be testing it. I was getting an idle temp of about 32C with the same vcore as my room is usually pretty cool. Core 0 wanted lots of vcore for some reason while core 0 was more stable at lower vcore. I may even try reseating the heatsink over the weekend because I don't have any obligations this weekend.

What is your Tjunction?

as long as you have a 20c buffer to Tjunction your fine. if you just want lower temps lower the oc or you need a new HS.

Back