• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Crazy Cool" backplate on GA-P35-DQ6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burner127

Does the "crazy cool" backplate on the Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 actually do anything? I want to put an aftermarket CPU cooler on the board and I know that Gigabyte sends instructions on how to remove the crazy cool backplate-but will I be harming the cooling aspects of the board around the CPU socket by removing it?

Thx for your input.

I seriously doubt that removing the backplate would harm your motherboard at all. If Gigabyte has instructions on how to do it why would they tell you to damage your board?

What Heat sink are you planning on putting on?

I have a Zalman on mine and rather then removing the back plate off the board I took the bottom plate from the Zalman out of the picture and found some hard plastic washers that I used instead of the bottom plate of the Zalman.
I removed the nuts out of the Zalman bottom plate and screwed the Zalman top plate to the board using the nuts from the bottom plate and some small hard plastics washers.

Why not have the best of both worlds....

Gaucho

Back