• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC an Ultra... Advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicasoft

Registered
I have a MSI 8800 Ultra OC. because of the wheater in my country (damn hot) and the dust my video card is hiting high temps and I want to Water cooled.

I own a Thermaltake Bigwater cooling 735 ( http://thermaltakeusa.com/product/Li...5/cl-w0075.asp ) only cooling my cpu.

Are my pump and radiator going to be enough for cooling my cpu and gpu at the same time?

the vga block that I want is this:
http://www.coolermaster.com/products/product.php?act=detail&tbcate=152&id=3246

My spec:
Q6600 OC 3.0
MSI 8800 ultra OC @ stock
4gb OCZ reapers
TT toughpower 750w
Asus P5B deluxe
Coolermaster stacker case
Thermaltake bigwater 735

Nope. That Thermaltake Bigwater setup will not be enough. You should've built your own H20 kit from separate parts instead of purchasing that kit. If you add a VGA block in that setup, you're going to have the same, if not worse, temps than what you have now. Also that little pump you have will not be able to keep up the flow thru 2 blocks and that rad for long.

Your best bet is to:

A) Get a better aftermarket air cooler for the card

or

B) Get a whole new H20 kit with better parts if you want to add the gpu to the loop.

Ok, I did this:
Leave the TT alone for the CPU, maybe I will upgrade later....

Bought a second loop:
MCP355 pump
BlackIce Xtreme II Rad
Swiftech Micro Res
MCW60-R vga block
Dtek Uni-Sink for VGA rams

This loop is for the 8800 Ultra and the Asus Maximus Forumla SE chipset block.

now I have a question..... What should be the order? I was planing to do this:
Res>Pump>Chipset block>VGA Block>Rad>Res ... ? is this a good loop? or there is a better efficient way?

I've no experience with the VGA block there but the rest looks good to me.

That loop order is fine, as long as res is before pump then loop order does matter. It's best to use the loop order that uses the shortest length of tubing.

That's a good loop in terms of performance, if you upgraded the radiator to a tripple (Swiftech MCR320, Thermochill PA120.3, BIX/BIP III) and bought a CPU block (the thermaltake one wont cut it) then you could include the CPU with good temps.

Post pics when you're done :D

Back