• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800 GTS/GTX Cooler Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CGR

Nice mod Drinkyoghurt.

Think it would be possible to cut the shroud at the point it contacts with the 92mm fan?

That way you still get the benefit of the onboard fan pushing through the fins and may help push some of the hot air out the back.

The original fan should probably be left on to provide some airflow around the VRM area of the board. That part gets hooooot.

Nice mod Drinkyoghurt.

Think it would be possible to cut the shroud at the point it contacts with the 92mm fan?

That way you still get the benefit of the onboard fan pushing through the fins and may help push some of the hot air out the back.

yes it's possible, but that would void your warranty by alot :p
this way you could still put it back on if you wanted to RMA

When did adding a better fan to a heatsink become a quality front page post? Honestly, isn't this rule number 3 on pc cooling law?

hey not my idea, supernade made up a thread that we could make a mod for any cooling and get it on the frontpage, I digged that :D

Also: sorry for the lack of perfect english, being bilingual is hard :p

I vote this the best simple mod of 07, my sli gtx's idle at 55C and max at 68C load with this mod running 650core 950 mem, all for the price of two 92mm fans I already had. They would idle at 65-67C and load at 76-80C with the stock coolers.

Back