• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How will this do underwater?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrg273

Registered
I currently have an AMD 5000+ Black Edition CPU, with a Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H AM2 690G mobo, MSI 8600GTS vid card, Zalman CNPS9500 LED 92mm fan, 2x 1gb G Skill 800mhz DDR2 RAM, Rosewill 550 watt powersupply. So there is my rig running all at stock speeds and clocks. I plan on adding some water,a thermaltake 2U bigwater cooling system. As the title says I am wondering what are the possibilities for overclocking this system. I have read that I can take it all the way to about 3ghz on stock voltage. I am hoping toget to about 3. or higher if this is possible. I must add, I have not done any overclocking any more than with some downloaded software. So if someone can point me into the direction of software or techniques to use and give me some parameters that I can set it too. The temps are not my problem, they are just fine. But this fan is SOOO LOUD. It sounds like my comp is taking off. As I said I want to boost this CPU as far as I can and still have it last me for a few years, so this fan just wont do. So in short I want it silent and Overclock friendly. Thanks in advance. I also am planning on adding a harddrive cooling block, vga cooling block, nothing to do with RAM. Cheers.

Joe

don't waste your money on kits, build your own system, not that hard.

if you don't want to spend the cash on good watercooling (150+) then go highend air, ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme is the best out right now.

also you shouldn't need and hard drive blocks, they just add useless heat to the loop.

when you say this,
vga cooling block, nothing to do with RAM.
i will assume that means you don't want a full video card water block, which is good.

for you setup you can probably get a swiftech kit (one of few good kits as its made of there parts. its more a of a bundle that kit)

i'm not sure how much heat those amd cpu's put out but i doubt its near a quad. with that in mind here is a swiftech kit and gpu block which should handle the load.

Swiftech Apex Ultra H20-220
(in the options at the bottom you can add a Swiftech MCW60 for 41.00 for a total of $260 its all you need minus distilled water)

as for overclocking you should do it in bios and not with software as it can be less stable. i would say more but i have only oc'd intel setups, and heard amd using different terms and such to overclock so i don't want to point you in the wrong direction.

As far as Water goes, as said above, build your own. Kits are generally crap, and not worth the money. That said, swiftech kits are actually good, because swiftech parts are good.

Your components, Hard to say what you can acheive. I would suggest browsing the forum section pertaining to your particular CPU and mother board.

you really need to do some research and reading to figure out your options. there are a zillion "recommend a parts list" threads for you to look at. Stay away from anything Thermaltake when it comes to watercooling. their stuff is low quality bling that doesn't last and performs poorly.

As was mentioned, either put together a watercooling setup with uses good quality parts, or stick with high end air.

you really need to do some research and reading to figure out your options. there are a zillion "recommend a parts list" threads for you to look at. Stay away from anything Thermaltake when it comes to watercooling. their stuff is low quality bling that doesn't last and performs poorly.

As was mentioned, either put together a watercooling setup with uses good quality parts, or stick with high end air.

Couldn't have said it better. ThermalTake makes nice cases, but PLEASE stay away from their water cooling.

Back