• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Tek Fuzion Mounting Orientation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evilrad

I will be replacing my Apogee with the Fuzion when I redo my loop. With the Apogee there is really only one way to mount it when using it on a socket 939. I remember ready somewhere that you get better performance mounting the Apogee inline with the cores' placement on the CPU. Since the Apogee could only be mounted one way on a 939 system, I didn't pay much attention to the information. Now that I have the Fuzion, I noticed that it can be mounted in any orientation because the mounting plate is separate from the block. Now, on to my question. What is the best mounting orientation of the Fuzion on an Opteron 170? Or because of the Fuzion's design, it doesn't matter which way it is mounted?

strictly guessing i would say it doesn't matter since the inlet is right in the middle and the water travels to the 4 corners and out the 1 side.

I don't think it will really matter how you install it. I put outlet barb toward top.

Back