• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok. Here Goes. Back to WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzzy

Well, after not playing around with my PC for a couple of months (as in not overclocking) I wasn't too worried about my cooling. I then little by little started making changes, first buying the COOLER MASTER RC-690 case. Then I bought a Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU cooler and then I started oc'n again. Now, at 3.24 ghz with a 1.42 Vcore and temps around 40 idle and 50 load I wanted more!

So, I come to you.. my brothers for help. I just got my new dremel and drill so I'm ready to modify my case as necessary :beer:

For my WC setup, I'm looking at the following parts-

D-tek FuZion CPU Water Block
Swiftech MCR220-QP Res (It has a res already inside I think?)
Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump (the variable speed pump)
10' Tygon R-3603 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Chemical Tubing

Now, I also got plastic tube clamps, are these cheap, should I go for the metal worm drive clamps instead? Also, I'm going for the 1/2" all around.

Now for the D-tek water block, would these metal barbs fit? http://www.jab-tech.com/Dangerden-High-Flow-G-1-4-Fittings-1-2-pr-3802.html

And is the MCR220-QP Res stupid and I should just buy Swiftech MCRES-Micro instead? Also, would mounting the res on top of the case be stupid, or does anyone know if it would fit inside the bottom of my case if I were to make some cuts I'm thinking to the hard-drive rack mount on the bottom right (if anyone is familiar with this case)

I think that covers all of my concerncs, if I miss something please someone point it out, or if I remember I will post em, but consider this my first post towards my project :D

I'd get the Micro res and the standard MCR220. Instead of the built in Res radiator.

Also, nice choice of case, I bought on of those for My Wifes computer just about 3 weeks ago. Built her a new rig. VERY nice case. Heck, you might not even have to cut the case up too much you can mount a 120.2 radiator on the top towards the rear (2 120mm fan exausts already there.

I have to say, the RC-690 is probably the best designed/made case I've ever worked with. If it wasn't for the fact I needed somethign bigger (and wanted a window) I would have bought one for my rig too.

That rad-res combo would be hard to bleed if not installed in the vertical position with barbs down. Just mine opinion.

if you get metal worm clamps i would look at getting metal barbs all round as the plastic ones might break, but don't quote me on that.

i think i would get the rad and res separate.
otherwise nice setup:)

Hmm.. so if I were to buy the swiftech radbox mcb 120 I could essentially mount it to the back of my case and have my barbs on the bottom? If so, then the best part is this case came pre-modded with tube holes on the bottom rear so that makes less work for me! :D

Also, which fans should I use with my rad? Noise isn't a problem, the only thing that I'm scared of is if I go to mount the fan and go too far then hit the rad pipes and break it :(

Hmm.. so if I were to buy the swiftech radbox mcb 120 I could essentially mount it to the back of my case and have my barbs on the bottom? If so, then the best part is this case came pre-modded with tube holes on the bottom rear so that makes less work for me! :D

not sure what you mean there you can mount any rad with the barbs on the bottom. with the res/rad combo you need the barbs to be on the bottom as the fill port is on the other side. if you where to mount the barbs at the top you would need to flip the rad upside down and have the system completely full

Also, which fans should I use with my rad? Noise isn't a problem, the only thing that I'm scared of is if I go to mount the fan and go too far then hit the rad pipes and break it :(

Yate loons, 88CFM for only 3.50 each! i'm getting 10 because it's only 30 bucks and will mount 6 fans on a triple 120mm rad.

Back