• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Shipped me a BROKEN MOBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
f_MessedMOBO0m_945d4e5.jpg

As you can see from the above picture my motherboard came to be MESSED UP!!! This was an open box item but still. I am thinking it was like this before it was even shipped because of the packing. I still can't believe it was only wrapped in BUBBLE WRAP!!!

Newegg is not going to do anything for their mistake...nothing except refund my money in 5-10 business days. I can't believe this crap. I used to LOVE open boxes as they were such good deals.

I am P*SSED!!!

You took a risk by ordering an open box mobo lol, I guess I would be ****ed too...

There shouldn't be any risk involved as it is stated in their open box policy the products are tested by the manufacturer after Newegg receives the item back from a customer.

Yea, even though it's open box the actual product shouldn't be this damaged. A scratch here and there maybe, but nothing specifically related to the product not working.

sheesh that is terrible.looks as tho the previous owner tried to smash something into the socket lol.
good to see they took care of you tho!

The representative stated that they don't even have computer SAAVY people working in the RMA department. So they didn't even know it was broken. I stated it was pretty obvious and gave him the link to this forum. ;)

NewEgg site said:
These items have been tested for functionality

How are items tested for "functionality" if the folks staffing that dept aren't "tech saavy"? :confused:

How are items tested for "functionality" if the folks staffing that dept aren't "tech saavy"? :confused:

someone else made a thread and posted a livechat conversation with a newegg rep. i think he was trying to find out what came in an open box and whether newegg could check it for him before they sent it out. she (the rep) was confusing but made it sound like rma's go back to the manufacturer, get reconditioned/tested/whatever, then go back to newegg for them to sell. perhaps the newegg rma dept just handles paperwork and doesn't do any actual testing.

i'm confused... you were originally upset that they were just refunding your $$? hey man, s*&$ happens, especially with open box. i've done open box so many times... i just got something open box and i'm upset i get no IO shield, but that's my fault. if the mobo didn't work (and i've had this happen to), i just send it back. that's the price you pay is the TIME to invest in case it's bad.

though i've also gotten very lucky with other deals.

i don't see why you were that upset. ya, it was physically broken, but newegg always takes care of u.

Back