• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Three confusions !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajaygargnsit

Registered
A. Kindly comment whether the following configuration is fully compatible. ::

1. E6750
2. GA-P35-DS3
3. Corsair - 512 MB * 2 - 667 MHZ
4. Nvidia GeForce 7600GT.

B. It seems GA-P35-DS3 needs some BIOS updates and stuff like this. Are
these updates available free and easily?

C. Is it necessary to buy a SATA DVD Drive with the above configuration..,
as its still not available here. (You know, we in India are lagging in phase
with some other fortunate ppl .. :) :) )

C.

A. Kindly comment whether the following configuration is fully compatible. ::

1. E6750
2. GA-P35-DS3
3. Corsair - 512 MB * 2 - 667 MHZ
4. Nvidia GeForce 7600GT.

B. It seems GA-P35-DS3 needs some BIOS updates and stuff like this. Are
these updates available free and easily?

C. Is it necessary to buy a SATA DVD Drive with the above configuration..,
as its still not available here. (You know, we in India are lagging in phase
with some other fortunate ppl .. :) :) )

C.
A. If you mean it will not explode or burn to the ground, then yes, it will work ;)

B. Yes, they are free and very simple. The only issue is, you need a working processor to flash it. If that MB needs a BIOS update, you won't be able to do it with that 6750.

C. No, not required. I just use one because I don't care for IDE cables :beer:

A. If you mean it will not explode or burn to the ground, then yes, it will work ;)

B. Yes, they are free and very simple. The only issue is, you need a working processor to flash it. If that MB needs a BIOS update, you won't be able to do it with that 6750.

C. No, not required. I just use one because I don't care for IDE cables :beer:

Thideras - you have pulled me up !!!! Well, I now need to clear some issues.

A. By compatibility, I meant that there won't be any problems like abnormal restarting, or hangups ; that generally happens when incompatible components are "made" to work together.

B. So if I understand you, you mean that the issue lies with E6750. Is there any other processor in the series that will present this problem ?

Moreover, does this problem of "E6750 not being able to flash BIOS update", happen with Asus P5K series of motherboards as well .. ?

Looking forward to some comments

Ajay Garg

Thideras - you have pulled me up !!!! Well, I now need to clear some issues.

A. By compatibility, I meant that there won't be any problems like abnormal restarting, or hangups ; that generally happens when incompatible components are "made" to work together.

B. So if I understand you, you mean that the issue lies with E6750. Is there any other processor in the series that will present this problem ?

Moreover, does this problem of "E6750 not being able to flash BIOS update", happen with Asus P5K series of motherboards as well .. ?

Looking forward to some comments

Ajay Garg
A. Nope, they will work together, just being sarcastic :beer:
B. Correct. The 6x00 series conroe (core2duo) will not have that issue. You may even receive a board that is already flashed to the newest, that I could not tell you.

I don't believe so, but I can't say for sure. My P5K runs a e6400...so...haven't tried mine yet ;)

I am busted !!!!

I just enquired the rates of my config. Guess what ' mobo + graphics card ' is costing me Rs. 22000 (440 USD) !! That's pushed me off. Thus, the new config I will try is ::

1) E6750
2) GA-G31MX-S2 (with graphics accelerator)
3) Corsair : 512*2 , 667 MHz

Is this configuration fully compatible (I know, may be a repetitive question, but again we in India need to get ourselves sorted out, with a very limited number of options available. I hope everyone understands ... ).

Looking forward to comments, especially regarding 'processor+mobo' combination.

Ajay Garg

Well, thanks for the consideration.

Well, the above configuration (if compatible) fits my budget (saving onto the graphics card). So, it wud be nice if you could give me insight into the E6750 + GA-G31MX-S2 issues.

Ajay Garg

I don't think there would be issues running that CPU on that board but I haven't had any experience with that particular board either. Should be 100% compatible though because that board will run up to a 1333FSB CPU.

Ok ... Well, I can see you using Abit IP35-E. Is it different from Abit IP35 Pro ?

Morevoer, what is the pricing ( of both, in case they are different ) ?

The IP35-E doesn't have RAID or copper cooling like the Pro does. I think the Pro has better voltage regulation too. As far as pricing goes in the US you can find the IP35-E for 90USD or less and the Pro is about 180USD. There are no onboard graphics but if you have another graphics card handy I would recommend one of these Abit boards over that Gigabyte.

Thanks a lot .. I am just going to get the pricing know of abit IP35-E here in India ..:)

By the way, just wanna know since how long have u been using this mobo. I mean has there ever been any problems of freezes, abnormal restarting or stuff like that ??

Secondly, what is the warranty on this IP35-E mobo?

Last edited:
I have had mine for about a month and the only issue is the double post which is fixed with a BIOS update. Other than that it is a spectacular board. There is a 2 year free parts and labor warranty on all Abit motherboards according to their website.

I have had mine for about a month and the only issue is the double post which is fixed with a BIOS update.

First of all, thanks blackersabbath for your prompt replies. But I would like you to finally take me to my destination :)

At this point, I have three queries :

a) What exactly is 'double' post problem ?

b) Is the process of updating BIOS easy? I ask this because I read somewhere that BIOS update cannot be done on E6750 (which I intend to buy). What are your comments regarding this?

c) Does IP35-E require a SATA optical drive only ? Or IDE optical drive will be ok ..?

Ajay Garg

Ok here are the answers for your questions the best I know.

A. The double post is when you turn on your computer from being off or restarting from changing BIOS settings it will seem like the computer will turn on, turn off then turn on again.

B. Updating BIOS isn't hard though I haven't done it because I don't have a floppy drive and the double post doesn't bother me that much. You just make a bootable floppy disk with the BIOS you download from the Abit website. The BIOS is for the board itself, not the CPU by the way.

C. You can use an IDE optical drive since there is an IDE connection on the board. Just make sure to use an SATA hard drive since they are better and you won't have any issues with running both drives on the same cable.

I am always glad to help out too. If you need to know anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Back