• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone with a DFI P35?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Randalthas

Registered
Does anyone have a DFI board with the P35 chipset?

I know most have been recomending Asus. That's fine with me, I have owned them in the past and liked them a lot.

But I'm curious as to why no one on the Intel side has them. Clearly I'm coming from AMD and they did really well. So why do people shy away from them here? They didn't even make the poll.

The board was released really late. By the time it came out, everyone already had their p5k prem/dlx's. That and some people did not like the extra cost due to the transpiper. When it first came out, it was only available with the transpiper. SHortly after it was available with out it.

From what I have read, it is a good board.

--pak

Bump because Im wondering as well!

EDIT: Now are you talking about the P35 LanParty or the P35 Infinity series? Or maybe there both good?

whats the difference between that board and the green and yellow one found on newegg?

--pak

Yeah, I was refering to the Lanparty series, specifically the $250 UT version. I don't know much about the Infinity series. I'm a little miffed about the price tag though, I know I didn't pay near that for the DFI for my A64. They must have gotten real proud of their products in the past 2 years. :)

Evil, sorry for duplicating the thread. I don't know how I missed it, guess I should have searched harder. Anyway, thanks for the link.

I'm still looking through the stickies in the video section, but is the Crossfire feature specific to a mobo model or chipset? Or do you just need enough PCIEx16 slots? The description on newegg didn't specifically say this board supported it. I know that you need to buy an nVidia chipset if you want SLI.

Back