• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flip-Mode - AeroCool Masstige: Poor mans Stacker [56K semi friendly]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flip-Mode

Ok so after running ghetto for a year and a half I decided to slap in my BIP2 instead of the 12T single rad I had but that required a new case.

For as long as I've been watercooling and the cases ware out (3-4 years now) I wanted the Stacker or the Armor but the price was insane and I refused to spend that much but few weeks ago I came across the AeroCool Masstige which is a Stacker clone but in BTX form and the price was very reasonable.

Some pics of the Masstige:

So I did some research on the case here and only few have ever used it so I just had to have it :bday:

First I did some fitting:

And then started on transplanting this:

The BIP2 getting ready for its new home:

After about 4 hours of operation it was time for some leak testing, I also threw out the old chipset cooler and slapped an Evercool VC-RE on there.
Also, I had to remove the PSU bottom fan grill in order for it to fit in the PSU slot.

Last edited:
After filling the thing I had the rad full of air and it refused to bleed so I just kept tilting the case and turning the pump on and off but after about 20 mins I had a steady flow trough the lines.
Notice my anti-kinking devices on the line going from the CPU to the GPU. The only tubing I can get in Israel is some crappy PVC tubing which will not bend without kinking...

Last edited:
Looks night i have the same case and love it.

Just a thought... how will you get the drive bay covers off to clean etc?

Nice build, a few thoughts, but only on aesthetics.

Could you get some swiftech smart coils (or clones) to make that bend from CPU to GPU? Would look much neater than zip ties.

How come you don't put the top drive bay cover in, to cover your T line? Loving the AA battery though ;)

Nice build, I like the case, I've always wanted a stacker but also didn't wanted to pay the (ridiculously) high price.

Could you get some swiftech smart coils (or clones) to make that bend from CPU to GPU? Would look much neater than zip ties.

How come you don't put the top drive bay cover in, to cover your T line? Loving the AA battery though ;)

Can't get the coils here in Israel :(

I left the top cover off because the system is still bleeding and I'm adding water from time to time, should be back on in a day.

Back