• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recomand me a Mobo ^^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y3838438

Registered
I am waiting for the new quad core to come out to build my system but before that I want to find a mobo first.

I will not be over clocking the system at all.

I am looking for a budget Quad build.

so i need the cheapest mobo that supports upcoming quad but has good enough qulity that it will not hinder the performance of the quad.

It is the best if the mobo has a on board video since i am not a gamer at all, its ok if there are no good mobo with on board video, but if it does than the onboard video has to be the same or better than the geforce 6200 SE.

I will upgrade the video card later when the game that i am waiting for comes out.

thank you

Well you do not have to be a gamer to use a video card..

If you want an all around good card get one of the dx10 ati cards.. .they are not gamers cards like the comparable nVidia cards but have a lot more features. They are the rolls royce to nVidias Lamborghini.

As for the motherboard... what exactly is this machine going to be used for? This just a total budget build? How many SATA ports do you need and are you running 2 or 4 sticks of ram?

I was think of getting the ddr2 1000 since it is faster like the other members who recommended when i asked in the RAM section. But I think I will go with 4 sticks of DDr2 800 in dual channal because it is about half the price of the DDr2 1000 with the rebates.

SLI and Crossfire type of setup for the Video cars right? I don't think I need any of these since i am not much of a gamer. I will be using just one video card later on, maybe a 8800GT when the price drops a little. I am in no hurry for the video card.

The pc is mostly used for multitasking. The chances are I will have more than 50 things open at the same time. like multiple online games, more than 10 media players, many many firefox windows and more. I have a habit of not closing programs when not needed and the pc will be on for morthan a week at a time before i decide to restart it.

2 sata is ok but 4 would be nice.

I currently have a AMD x2 setup and it is working find with what i described, but the only thing about it is that my movies will stock if i resum playing them like 10 hours later, the games will show a black windows if i minimize it for more than an hour.

So ya a budget build since i need to take out 700 for the 32" LCD TV that i am gona use for screen. my total budget is 1600USD so less 700 it will leave 900 dollars inclusding the video card.

Back