• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

very very Strange badaxe II Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

huey

Ill go ahead and post the specs before anything.

D975XBX2
e6600
Xfx 7600GTS
OCZ 2gb pc6400
3x sata drives
1 cdrom
Floppy

So heres the strange problem. Bootup comes, when I have one of the drives plugged into sata 3 I get the bios option, the problem is the keyboard on both the usb and ps2 are not being recognized. Wierd huh. I checked the wiring running throughout, and all of the power sources. I looked for loose connections or any problems. I rebooted after clearing the cmos. Same post screen, and the keyboard still does not work. The error code I get is "eb". I googled the error code and EB stands for legacy options rom, and its part of the DXE drivers.

So, I tried to flash the bios, no luck. I unplugged all of the pci hardware, plugged it back in, cleared the bios, updated the bios, and now it does not even post. Is there something I am missing here? In the searches I did online the individuals just RMA'd the board. I was wondering if there was a solution to this problem before I went and RMA'd this board.

I have never had something like this happen before. Any help is greatly appreciated :).

Yep, the board is going to RMA. Any suggestions as to which board I should replace it with?

Back