• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't get into BIOS (IN9 32X-MAX)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rippedsocks

I've just built a new system:
Core Duo 2
ABIT IN9 32X-MAX
2gb (1gb x2) DDR800
Geforce 8600 GT SLI (from ASUS)
400gb SATA WD HD
DVD Drive

Pretty basic.

Everything is set up, and the system posts, however when I try to enter the BIOS it takes me to a blank screen, looks like a DOS prompt. When I check the POST screen I get the "Checksum Error, press f1 to continue or DEL to enter setup." At that point when I press F1 i'm at the screen where I normally would have a boot disk to install my OS, but I don't want to continue if I can't even get into the BIOS.

I've tried unplugging everything except the memory and GFX to no avail, I still cant get to the BIOS. I even left only one DIMM in, still just get that black screen once i press DEL.

Anyone have any suggestions?

which core 2 do you have? the only thing i can think of at the moment would be rma the board. as well try a netburst based cpu in it to reflash the bios.

i solved this problem by

1. using a ps2 keyboard; usb keyboard Will Not work until bios flash
USB mouse and KB are set to O/S by default, it needs to be set to bios once you get in there. You won't be able to get into the bios until you flash the bios. How did i figure this out? i noticed the usb kb wasn't showing any lights.

2. boot it up with the newest bios in the floppy drive. and press the F1 to continue. since the floppy is 99.9999% of the time set as the first boot device, it will boot off the floppy and you can run the runme.bat at the a:/ prompt.

"But i don't have a floopy drive"........ Well, You Should.

I've just built a new system:
Core Duo 2
ABIT IN9 32X-MAX
2gb (1gb x2) DDR800
Geforce 8600 GT SLI (from ASUS)
400gb SATA WD HD
DVD Drive

Pretty basic.

Everything is set up, and the system posts, however when I try to enter the BIOS it takes me to a blank screen, looks like a DOS prompt. When I check the POST screen I get the "Checksum Error, press f1 to continue or DEL to enter setup." At that point when I press F1 i'm at the screen where I normally would have a boot disk to install my OS, but I don't want to continue if I can't even get into the BIOS.

I've tried unplugging everything except the memory and GFX to no avail, I still cant get to the BIOS. I even left only one DIMM in, still just get that black screen once i press DEL.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I had that exact same board with the exact same problem and it took me forever to figure it out. You will want to update the BIOS using Flashmenu and once it is done updating it will ask you to restart and once you do you will be able to get into the BIOS from the post screen. That is what i did to fix the problem i had.

Back