• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Conroe1333-D667

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mv540

Hello.
I am in the process of choosing parts for a cheap computer.
I chose to go with the Asrock Conroe1333-D667 motherboard and Intel Celeron 420 CPU, but I am not sure what kind of memory to get. On the site it says it will accept Dual Channel DDRII667/533 but it doesn't say upto. I wanted to know if this board will work with DDRII800 memory. Also is there a really big difference between PC2-5300 and PC3-6400+? And is there a difference between 1gig and 2gigs when overclocking? I wanted to overclock the Celeron420 just a little bit. Last question, will a 600watt generic PSU be good enough for the overclock? I am not making a gaming rig or anything, I just wanted a cheap system to practice OC'ing on.

you can buy ddr2-800 ram but it will run at the slower ddr2-667 speed. the difference being that when you ocing it 333fsb vs 400fsb. about the difference are you talking about 512mbx2 or 1gig stick or 2gig sticks or 1gigx2.

for psu i highly suggest this one for the price you can go wrong.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=PS-E5150GH

1gig stick or 2x1gig sticks. Just how far can I OC with 1gig of DDRII667?

I get all my stuff from CanadaComputers, I want to OC over the weekend.
I sort of changed my mind now, I am willing spend a little more money to get the Celeron to 3.0GHz. So what would I need to get?

Back