• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Board sharing too much memory for video

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[UCF]YellowDart

Registered
Intel DG33TL mobo, newest bios, Q6700, 7600GT

My motherboard is sharing 758mb of my total system memory (2GB) as video memory. This makes it so that I only have a little over 1GB of memory left over for the system to use. In the bios, there is no setting to change the shared video memory. Is there a program I can use to change how much memory is shared for video, or a way to unlock extra settings in the bios?

Thanks,
Scott

shared.jpg

more then likly the boards onboard vid is using the ram not the NV card. there might be a jumper to disable the onboard video. that then will free up the memory...

Not bad, I'm using 1791mb's of shared memory. I have no on-board video. As far as I know, Vista takes a certain % of ram that you have and uses it for Aero and such. But if it's not needed, it supposedly takes that ram and uses it for other apps also.

More about it here.

Back