• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS RMA Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drew@PSU

To mods: If this is in the wrong place, my bad, please move it and deduct the correct # of cool points....

Ok, I know I opened up a huge can of worms with the words ASUS and RMA in the same sentence but they've been good to me so far. My question is whether they are going to freak over me not having the CPU cap for my P5N32 that needs to go back for RMA. The email specifically states that it has to be there or they will either repair for a fee or just reject it flat out. I'm willing to have them "repair" it ( can you really repair motherboard problems? ) / replace it, but what do you all think the chances of them rejecting it are? I'd love to be able to find the CPU cap, but I'm fairly sure I tossed it. I suppose I could throw an old proc in there, but they might not like that....

What do you think?
-Drew

Not sure how important it is, but I am doing the same RMA right now and the email is pretty straight up about the cap. If it turns out you have to have it I have an extra one laying around that I could mail you. All I ask is that you send one back when your RMA is returned so that I don't get stuck later down the road.

Well, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say, They may just ask me to put some cardboard on it and masking tape it down. I'll let you know, thanks for the offer btw, although I may just have them repair it for a fee, I'm going to have to stop using proprietary RAID controllers....

Edit: I called them up today and I was told not to worry about it too much. So I put some cardboard squares over the socket and masking taped them to the board, should be good enough. I suppose I'll see what they say :D

Last edited:
Back