• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC for Graphics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jgentry

Guys this is my first post and I'm hoping to find a paitent person who will answer a few questions.

I just built a new machine that I plan to use for graphics work and video editing. My goal is to have a very stable machine but one that takes advantage of my equipment (so I'm looking for a stable overclock.)

The parts I've purchased are the following:
Intel Q6600/Stock cooling
Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Nvidia - 8500 GT
4GB (1GB per module) Corsair XMS2 (4 modules) On the side of the memory it says: CM2X1024-6400 5-5-5-12 800MHz. I bought them in pairs.

I am trying to overclock the system but when I do and open CPU-Z the core speed is just under 2Ghz despite the fact that I'm selecting 9x 333 in the bios.
Are there any glaring parts to the system that you would upgrade?

Can anyone help me with this?

-Jonathan

Last edited:
A bit more information...

In the bios I'm selecting 9 as the mult and even when I select the default 266 clock speed CPU-Z is showing the mult at 6. Why is the bios showing 9 but CPU-Z showing 6 in the OS?

thanks and sorry for the stupid question. With that out of the way I think I will look at other threads to answer my questions...

Back