• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Abit BE6 v1.0 settings for O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznboi64

Give me the low down for what I should change or set my settings to in my bios.

Oh sorry about that. The BE6 is going to house a celly 600, Matrox G450, PC133 256mb sdram.

Are you using a slotket? If so, what kind. I also suggest you
read the manual for mobo. Reading the beginner guides will
help, there is a link on the main page.

I'm using the abit slotket III. I read the manual already. But I just want to know if I need to tweak anything in the bios.

Im assuming that that celly works at 66*9!
You´ll need to have a decent HSF and work your way with softmenu cpu settings!

Increment your fsb by steps! check your cpu temps!
and increase your cpu voltage step by step, (0,5v every 12 to 18 Mhz), but dont push voltage to high cause you might burn your Cpu.
AGp 2/3
PCI 2/3 or 1/4 if pci gets to high!
I think you can get extra 200 mhz without any trouble!
Report to see how you´re doing!

What about the other settings when I go into my bios. I have to use the user define and what about those other options.

Abit Be-6 II settings

The person who answered your question before is right on about your settings.
When you first boot up and hit delete and go into setting, set it up to run normal which is going to be at 66 Mhz. Now if your bios is like my Abit Be-6 II, it will say that the multiplier is at 8. Well don't worry as you have a Celeron 600Mhz so your multiplier is locked at 9 so the mobo bios multiplier setting of 8 does not matter. As a matter of fact, I am running a 1.1 Ghz processor now in my Be-6 and the bios multiplier still reads 8x even though the cpu is at 11x.

Run it in normal for a little while to "burn in" the chip and make sure that the system runs fine. Once you feel comfortable that it is running fine, now you can go into the user defined setting and crank up the FSB up to 75 Mhz. Your processor runs at a vcore of 1.45 volts so to get more FSB than the 66 Mhz, you need to increase the voltage. If your bios is like mine you should be able to go up to 1.85 volts but you should not need to have it that high to get it up to 800Mhz.

When I overclocked my celeron 566, I was able to get it to run at 95 Mhz FSB with the voltage set at 1.7 (making it 807 Mhz) and it was stable with just a Golden Orb. At 95 Mhz FSB, you will need to adjust your AGP to 2/3 (95 x 2/3 =63Mhz), which is close to 66 Mhz) Your PCI will need to be adjusted to 1/3 (95 x 1/3 =32Mhz), which is close to 33 Mhz.

Remember that cooling is key when you start increasing the voltage. I used Artic Silver and a Golden Orb and had no problems at 807Mhz. Good Luck.

tmartin - My celeron 600 runs at 1.7v and I remember you have to do something to the bios besides Here is a link to what I'm talking about. I need to know what agp/clk and stuff for the BE6 I'm just want to get to 112fsb maybe higher if I can. I've been using toast and prime95 torture these past 2 days to burn in my 600. But want to get the bios settings down so I can get a few mhz first.

http://bxboards.com/biostips.shtml

aznboi64. the link you posted is down, so i cant see want you wanted!

Explain me something, what can´t you do?

Can you change the fsb settings on SoftMenu in the Bios or not?
If you can´t then you´ll have to look in the mobo manual so that the seettings can be changed is the bios and not in the DIP switch!

I cant recall right now, if you have to put all DIP swich in the off position, or if you have to change a jumper. So try looking in the manual!

Well the link was to how to set the user define option. I need to know what to set the sel100/66#, agp/clk, etc.

First off, 112 Mhz FSB is pretty ambitious but definitely not unheard of. I was only able to get my Celeron 566 up to 98 MHz with a Golden Orb. Let’s do the math…If your Celeron runs at 600MHz with a normal FSB at 66 Mhz then it has a clock multiplier of 9x. So if you are able to get the FSB up to 112 Mhz then your Celeron 600 will be running at 112 x 9, which is 1008 Mhz…very ambitious indeed. May want to think about a water cooler as the cpu core voltage will be really high.
Now I am of course assuming that your chip is at 66 Mhz FSB…not 100 Mhz FSB..am I correct in this assumption?

Before you shoot for the gusto..you need to make sure that the computer boots up at lower FSBs. I recommend the following:

Go to softmenu set up. First hit User define…which means you control the setting. Next move the arrow key down to CPU FSB Clock and choose 75 Mhz. Leave the PCI and AGP clock settings alone and don’t touch the cpu core voltage at this point. Exit and save the settings and it will reboot. The system should now reboot at 675 Mhz. Let it run for a bit.

This time shoot for 83 Mhz FSB. Adjust your cpu voltage up to 1.50 volts (0.5 volts from the default). Also adjust the PCI clock to 1/3 rather than the default ½ setting. Remember that you want to make sure your PCI clock is as close to 33 Mhz as possible. Also adjust your AGP clock to 2/3 rather than the default 1/1 setting. Save settings and reboot.

It will reboot at 747 Mhz. Again run it for a bit and torture it for a while. Next shut it down so that you can go higher. If it does not boot up or it locks up then you will need to bump the voltage up to 1.55 volts. Or maybe even 1.60 volts. Only go 0.5 volts at a time.

Again hit delete and go back into the softmenu setup. This time go for 90Mhz FSB. Leave your PCI clock setting at 1/3 as 1/3 times 90 Mhz is 30 Mhz, which is really close to 33 Mhz. Leave your AGP clock at 2/3 as 2/3 times 90 Mhz is 60 Mhz again really close to the optimum 66 Mhz. However, you will need to adjust your cpu core voltage up another 0.5 volts. Save settings and reboot.

It will now reboot at 810 Mhz. You have now gotten 200 more Mhz out of your processor. Run it for a while. If it locks up then go back into the softmenu and increase the voltage up another 0.5 volts.

Now repeat this procedure going up to 95 Mhz and then 100Mhz. I recommend leaving it at 100Mhz FSB for a few days and I think you will find some difficulty in getting up to 112 Mhz. If you have a good fan plus a little luck, your machine should run at 100 MHz rather well as the PCI and AGP clocks will be right at 33 Mhz and 66 Mhz with a 1/3 PCI and 2/3 AGP setting. You should not need to change these settings all the way up to 112 Mhz. As 112 times 1/3 is 37 Mhz and the 2/3 AGP setting is the only option so you will be running the AGP clock at 74 Mhz.

The problem you will experience is your chip heating up as you increase the cpu core voltage. The core voltage must be increased in order to have system stability (no lock ups or what not). Cooling is essential as your bios will probably let you get up to 1.85 volts but at that voltage your chip is going to be running hot.
I am sure you have gone to the cpu database and have see guys running their systems at 1.90 volts or higher. You may not be able to do this without having to update your bios.
I hope I answered your questions. I am assuming you have soft menu bios as I do in my Abit Be-6 II. If you don’t then over clocking is a pain in the butt because you have to mess with the Dip switches either on the board or on the Slocket adapter..and if so then I do not envy you.

Good luck.

Tmartin - First off thankx for giving me the run down on what to do. I am running now at 675mhz. And I'm going to run toas/torture test to see how stable. I'm sure its going to be very stable because I've been doing burn-in for 3 days. Anywayz does anything change in the info you gave me if my celeron is the CDO stepping. My celeron runs on 1.7v default. And it is a 66x9. There is an option on my MB for sel100/66# , l2 latency. What do I set those to? And I have a very cooled system. 92mm inlet, 80mm exhaust, vantec62540D w/delta 38cfm w/ 7v mod on a Abit Slocket III. I have average temps at 22-24c.

Yes you can select cpu settings in the softmenuII, the mobo will run up to 2.0v, and there are no jumpers except for clear cmos, and something else (I forget), the 100/66 can also be set in softmenu...I belive it reffers to "High" or "low" if you plan to o'c' then set it to high.
The fsb options are not that great...after112 it jumps to 124,133,and 150 and maybe 140(not sure) it has been a long time since I built this one.
AGP can only be set to 1/2
Mem can only be set to cas2,or 3....no interleaving or other mem options.
cDO stepping on your cpu means it is default 100mhz fsb?
I'm not too familliar with Cellies since the 300a, but to give an example my be6 is running a PIII600E @800 6x133 (although I've had it to 957 in an SH6).
Most I've heard of had good luck with the cDO stepping.
I still have mine running, and have the manual handy..so if you need help, you can e-mail me (I can't get to the forum as often as I would like) but I would be glad to help if I can.
Good luck,
Doc

Madclocker - Okay yesterday I was running at 674mhz it was pretty good. Today after several burn-in hours I did 749mhz. It boot up and everything. but whats wierd is when I go online the pages load up hella slow. My PCI/clk on 83mhz is at 1/2 it can't do 1/3. Why is that? I'm back to 600mhz so I can surf the web. Anyone know whats wrong? Strike that even 674mhz is slow while I surf the net. Now I'm back to 600mhz. Is it my HD the problem? Or bios?

Last edited:
Found out the problem why I was surfing slow was because of my nic. I swapped my kingston for a realtek one. Made a world of difference. On a different top now that I am 9x100fsb @1.7v and at a very cool 22c. I want to bump it up more. But whats wierd is when I bump it up to 105fsb I get 905mhz and not 935mhz. Then when I bump it up to 110fsb I get 950 and not 990. Anyone know why? And when I bump it up to 105fsb I have to go up .5v. But I think I can make it up to 105fsb if I burn in more.

It could be the bios not reckognising the newer cellie...to find out exactly what speed you are doing..I recomend using a program called "cpuid" which will tell you what speed your cpu and bus speed is running at, plus a few other things...and if you don't wanna download that, then just go into start/programs/ accessories/system tools/system info, and it will also tell you what your speed is. (this works in w98, I'm not sure 'bout ME/2k/xp)
good luck:cool:

Back