• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this Posible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicasoft

Registered
ok, I want to water cool my CPU, Chipset and VGA..... I have the following:

Case: Coolermaster Stacker
cpu: Q6600
mobo: Asus Maximus Formula SE (the water cooled version) (Im geting it next week)
mem: 4gb ocz reapers
vga: MSI 8800 Ultra

I bought about a year ago the Thermaltake Bigwater 735 kit. I have my cpu waterclooled with it. I have the original cpu block and the pump, The reservoir is a swiftech and the radiator is the Dangerden Black Ice Xtreme 2 with the shroud to put my radiator in the bottom of the case. I also have the original radiator but is not in use.

I want to water cooled the CPU, chipset and VGA at the same time.... my question is...
My pump is going to be able to handle it?
is 400LPH and my entire system use 3/8 tubing. I dont want to change to 1/2 right now because I spend almost all my money on the motherboard... (my p5b die last week :bang head ) and changing to 1/2 implies new block, pump etc....

If my pump is not able to handle all this can I do the following?:

1) Buy a better pump maybe some 500LPH like the dangerden one... and water cool all my system with it... Also use 2 radiator.. the original from the TT bigwater 735 and the DD Blackice Xtreme 2 ?

2) buy other pump and and make 2 WCS.. One with the bigger radiator and the best pump for the CPU and chipset and the other using the TT pump and radiator alone for the VGA??

the VGA block that Im using is this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6...Cooling_Block_RL-VNA-DO11-GP.html?id=uTibuSmA

sorry any type-o as you may notice english is not my primary language

The pump from the Bigwater kit isn't going to cut it for you. When you look at pumps, its not just the lph rating that you are looking at as that rating is given at zero restriction and doesn't reflect what you will get when you hook it up to a restrictive watercooling setup. You really want to go with a D5/MCP655 or a DDC 3.1/MCP350 with a Petrastechshop top for it. The top really increases the flow of this pump to be in line with what the MCP655 puts out. Both are solid pumps with the MCP655 being a bit louder and larger but a bit cheaper. Both are geared towards 1/2"ID tubing. You could also just go with a stock DDC3.2/MCP355 as it uses 3/8" connections, although it doesn't have quite the flow of the MCP655.

I would go with one loop with a good reliable pump. It does you no good if you use the Thermaltake pump and fry your GPU.

If you haven't already bought the GPU block, don't. Get a Swiftech MCW60 instead with some Enzotech ramsinks. It is a cheaper solution that will perform better and can be moved to different GPUs.

Most of the pumps out there are made for 1/2" or 3/8" tubing. So if you want to use a better pump you will need to get some adapters to move down to 1/4"

The pump from the Bigwater kit isn't going to cut it for you. When you look at pumps, its not just the lph rating that you are looking at as that rating is given at zero restriction and doesn't reflect what you will get when you hook it up to a restrictive watercooling setup. You really want to go with a D5/MCP655 or a DDC 3.1/MCP350 with a Petrastechshop top for it. The top really increases the flow of this pump to be in line with what the MCP655 puts out. Both are solid pumps with the MCP655 being a bit louder and larger but a bit cheaper. Both are geared towards 1/2"ID tubing. You could also just go with a stock DDC3.2/MCP355 as it uses 3/8" connections, although it doesn't have quite the flow of the MCP655.

I would go with one loop with a good reliable pump. It does you no good if you use the Thermaltake pump and fry your GPU.

If you haven't already bought the GPU block, don't. Get a Swiftech MCW60 instead with some Enzotech ramsinks. It is a cheaper solution that will perform better and can be moved to different GPUs.

this is a great advice, thanks... Im defenitly looking at the DDC3.2 right now... but I have another question... what about using the MCP655 with a convertion kit to 3/8: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...version_Kit_317_GPH.html?tl=g30c107s154#blank

becase I dont want to move to 1/2 because that mean I have to change CPU block, tubes, etc... and I dont have a lot of money right now since I spend almost all my Xmas money on the Maximus forumla SE and Z-5500 Speakers.

this is a great advice, thanks... Im defenitly looking at the DDC3.2 right now... but I have another question... what about using the MCP655 with a convertion kit to 3/8: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2...version_Kit_317_GPH.html?tl=g30c107s154#blank

becase I dont want to move to 1/2 because that mean I have to change CPU block, tubes, etc... and I dont have a lot of money right now since I spend almost all my Xmas money on the Maximus forumla SE and Z-5500 Speakers.

Either way would work for you.

Back