• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ip35 pro vs p5kr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kryo85

Registered
they're are almost the same, just the asus board has some issues regarding raid setup.
my new rig will have two diamond 10 in raid 0, so i need maximum stability for it. but i'm getting a hd3870, and the abit seems to have some problems supporting it.

overall it is the same board, although the abit has the clear cmos in the back plate, which is a very nice feature.

any thoughts on this? thanks in advance

i say get the IP35-PRO...as far as the video card, nothing a bios update cant fix. we are long over due of one from abit, so we should see one rather soon.

Beta bios just listed in the forums :) for the ip35 pro

And whats the issue with the 3800? My 3850 512MB ran with no problems...

EDIT: NM googled it and see that some people have problems with the pcie-2.0 cards it effects the 8800gt also

Last edited:
sorry for the late response, been in and out of the hospital...

yes neuromancer, it seems the implementation of the pcie has moods... some people can't get their cards to work, while others simply don't have a sweat.

the thing is, my power suply does not have a 8 pin connector, so you would need to update it also. and the p5k pro is 40€ cheaper than the ip35.
really, i need to think this over... it's really bugging me, everything else is all set up, the mobo is the only thing i still have to choose. lol

thanks for the anwsers

edit: oh, just remembered, if anyone else has a good choice for a mobo, what i need is,
fsb 1333
ddr2 800/1066, dc, at least 8gb
raid 0
at least 4 sata2
at least 6 usb
crossfire
must be p35 (better for overclocking)

no x38, as they are really, really expensive over here... at the moment, i'm not willing to pay almost the double of what i'm paying for the cpu for the motherboard...

Last edited:
Back