• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia 780i News ...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

Linkage to story at X-bit Labs ..

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/chipse...a_Unveils_New_Core_Logic_for_Enthusiasts.html

Article says nothing about 1600Mhz FSB .. If it doesn't ship doing it though I suspect a BIOS update will bring the new speed ..

I'm thinking of getting one around Feb time when the new Nvidia cards and the new Intel 45nm's are out .. Start off with 1 card then just keep adding them as I get cash ending up with Tri-SLI ...

Cheers :beer:

I've opted in for the upgrade on the Evga site, current 680i board (with its stock cooling put bak on, £45 ($90) and I get a brand spanking new 780i .. Reviews, benches and the like have 60 days to convince me to cancle it .. lol

evga has alot of balls asking for my mobo I paid $230 for plus another $90 for the 780i thats $320 lmao

I would rather sell it and then just buy a 780i if I wanted it.

after some read ... it seam that the 780i wasn t graet at all ... just some improvement for compatibility with new intel cpu ... of corse they add a 3 pci e 16x for a triple sli ... who care !!!! same south and north brige as the 680i ... so not that much for 90$

00701348.jpg

Well MWave shows them "in stock" @ $269.90 for those so inclined.

By the way, dumb question - where do I plug in all three outputs from the cards? I haven't used SLI but thought it went into a single monitor? Guess they must bridge at the motherboard and go as a single input to the monitor?

Do we know if it will support the 45nm quads or is it just for the dual cores?

No news on that yet. But it is in stock at newegg; the EVGA flavor. also looks like evga plans on starting a step up program for all their motherboards...

Top right corner.
13-188-024-02.jpg

while this board is monster sexy! i think i will wait for the 790i mobo from evga as i have read various things on the 780i one.

it will not support ddr3, 1600fsb, full pci-e2.0 on all 3 slots. it's basically a patch for the york's.

i was all ready to step up but i will wait for the 790i board and just get ddr3 and the q9540. i haven't spent a massive amount on this current setup so it will be worth it for me.

while this board is monster sexy! i think i will wait for the 790i mobo from evga as i have read various things on the 780i one.

it will not support ddr3, 1600fsb, full pci-e2.0 on all 3 slots. it's basically a patch for the york's.

i was all ready to step up but i will wait for the 790i board and just get ddr3 and the q9540. i haven't spent a massive amount on this current setup so it will be worth it for me.

You have spent a lot, look at a lot of others signatures including mine!

Back