• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need prog to tell mem timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KILLorBE

I want to know if I got a bad stick of Mushkin rev.3, its supposed to do 2-2-2@150MHz, but when I look in sandra it says 2-3-3:confused:

TIA

Sandra's good, if it say's 2-3-3 depending on your motherboard you can probably set the memory timing's in the bios to get 2-2-2.

I had it set to 2-2-2 in bios, ditched the 256Mb Kingston Value ram cuz I know it can't do that.
But the strange thing is that the Kingston (PC133 CL3) also runs @ 148 2-3-3.
Guess the Mushkin stick has to be RMA'ed, and get some more (hopefully better) rev.3+:D

It dosen't work that way.
If you set your memory in the bios to 2-2-2 then it should run at 2-2-2 not 2-3-3 the memory itself can't change it.
If your bios is setting the memory controller to 2-2-2 timing's and your memory was unable to run at those setting's your pc would either not boot or boot but give errors in the operating system.

Maybe sandra is getting a wrong reading with your motherboard you can try ctspd and see what that say's.

Here is a article that show's how to use it and a link to the program.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips448/index.asp

Sorry I wasn't really clear (7:25 AM over here and I had a couple of :beer: :beer: ).
I had it set to 2-2-2 in bios, everything runs fine but sandra tells me that its running @ 2-3-3.

I think its either sandra that's lying (women do that....uhm..so do men:p ) or its my mobo (see my post in cooling "Clock gen. cooling").

BTW: I have CTSPD but it will only tell you how the SPD chip is programmed for 100MHz and 133MHz.

Thanks anyway, think I'll try again (I hate to shut down remove the Kingston go into bios and so on and so forth)

Ohh before I forget, I'm pretty sure sandra told me it was running @ 2-2-2 140MHz before, mmm that really bugs me.
.....must....reach.....148 2-2-2....(at least)

Just tried it again.
Step1) select user define in BIOS SDRam configuration. OK?
Step2) select 2T in BIOS SDRam CAS Latency. Ok?
Step3) select 2T in BIOS SDRam RAS Precharge Time. OK?
Step4) select 2T in BIOS SDRam RAS to CAS Delay. OK?

And Sandra still tells me its @ 2-3-3.

Ahhhhhhell, crapy mobo.......anyone wanna buy a P3V4X;) (No mods I'm not trying to sell it here):p

*******EDIT********

Never mind, I must have been real drunk when I posted this, but still its kinda strange cuz the kingston won't even run @ 133 2-3-3 that's why I wanted to know if there's another prog that will tell me the mem settings, guess its my board (one of the first P3V4X's).

Last edited:
each RAM module has a built in timing setting called SPD. If you set your Bios to read from SPD it will read from SPD but you can ask the bios or WPCREDIT/WPCRSET to override it. If it is a good one it can take it. Otherwise it will not boot or BSOD.

Find from the tips of overclockers.com it has a prog called CTSPD to read out the SPD of your RAM. Crucial CL2 is set at 222. Mushkin is set at 233 something (there is an article there)...Sandra will show the SPD after it is modified by Bios or WPCRSET/EDIT

Back