• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another New Rig Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caust1c

So I finally finished buying the parts for my new PC!!!

Here they are:

abit IN9 32X Max Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 CPU
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 RAM
EVGA 8800 GTS 512 Videocard
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music
Corsair 520HX PSU
Samsung SATA Spinpoint T 500GB
Samsung SATA DVD Burner
acer 22" WS monitor
logitec G5 laser mouse
Satiek Eclipse Keyboard
Antec 900

What do you think? All this for <$1500

I've heard few and far out complaints about the motherboard... Most of which were about non-out-of-the-box support for the EXX50 CPUs from Intel. Its fixed with a simple BIOS update. Anyone have any problems with any of the components I ordered? Also, any praises?

Thanks for your input!

Last edited:
looks good, if you are going sli than i can understand the 680i but if not a p35 board would of been fine other than that looks good :D

seems like in the reviews you need a bios flash it when you get since someone said it doesnt support 1333 cpu

Cons: BIOS!!!!! There is probably a 100% chance you will need to update your BIOS. Boards ship with cruddy BIOS, I needed to clear CMOS at every boot prior to BIOS update. BIOS that ships with board does not support 1333 FSB processors!

looks good, if you are going sli than i can understand the 680i but if not a p35 board would of been fine other than that looks good :D

I will go SLI as soon as I can afford it. :) As far as I know that's the only way to enjoy all the crysis goodness!! :soda:

I just got a similar rig, except with an E6550 and an reference 680i. I like the board, but can't push any harder than 460MHz (x 6), no matter how many volts I throw at it.

Really!?!? thats it? I was hoping for a little more than an OC like that... =(

I can do suicides with 2.88GHz (480 x 6), but can't last five seconds in stability testing. The system doesn't even blue screen, it just locks up.

Hi , dont know if your in a rush ,

if your not why not wait for .45 penryn

and see how the new 1gig 8800 Gt Vs. G92 gts defend itself.

Edit : also i am not big fan of accer lcd .. id check Lg or samsung ...

How much ram ?

nice avatar btw

Last edited:
Hi , dont know if your in a rush ,

if your not why not wait for .45 penryn

and see how the new 1gig 8800 Gt Vs. G92 gts defend itself.

Edit : also i am not big fan of accer lcd .. id check Lg or samsung ...

How much ram ?

nice avatar btw

o, well. I bought it monday, and it just got here today!! Wish me luck with building... the acer LCD is amazing to my eyes!(tested on friends B.A. computer, dual 7950s in SLI) plus you cant beat the price of $170 on Black Friday. 2 Gigabytes of ram.

As for the 1gig GT, If you wait for one thing, you'll always keep waiting for something else. It's a vicious cycle. Thanks for all the tips everybody!! wish me luck!! I should be building tonight or tomorrow... :D

DAFT PUNK!!! FTW!!!

Back