• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

striker extreme owners unite

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

imtoyoungtodie

:santa: hi first off illed like to wish u all a happy x mas and a happy new year secondy i would like to appolagise if this has already been covered is there is any info her u think myte b usfull to me pls post link :)

ok here my problem ive been tring to over clock my processor qx6700
heres my set up

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700
CPU Alias Kentsfield
CPU Stepping B3
Engineering Sample No
CPUID CPU Name Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz
CPUID Revision 000006F7h
Core Voltage 1.275 V

motherboard Name Asus Striker Extreme

Chipset Properties
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce 680i SLI

SPD Memory Modules
DIMM1: OCZ OCZ2N1066SR1G 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 400 MHz) (4-5-5-13 @ 333 MHz) (3-4-4-10 @ 266 MHz)
DIMM2: OCZ OCZ2N1066SR1G 1 GB DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 400 MHz) (4-5-5-13 @ 333 MHz) (3-4-4-10 @ 266 MHz)

BIOS Properties
System BIOS Date 02/07/07
Video BIOS Date 01/23/07
Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message ASUS StrikerExtreme ACPI BIOS Revision 0901
DMI BIOS Version ASUS StrikerExtreme ACPI BIOS Revision 0901

Graphics Processor Properties
Video Adapter EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTX
GPU Code Name G80GTX (PCI Express x16 10DE / 0191, Rev A2)
GPU Clock (Geometric Domain) 576 MHz (original: 576 MHz)
GPU Clock (Shader Domain) 1350 MHz (original: 1350 MHz)
Memory Clock 900 MHz (original: 900 MHz)

ive set the the proccessor to this

CPU Speed
CPU Clock 3333.4 MHz (original: 2667 MHz, overclock: 25%)
CPU Multiplier 10.0x
CPU FSB 333.3 MHz (original: 266 MHz, overclock: 25%)
Memory Bus 400.0 MHz
DRAM:FSB Ratio 6:5

and menmory to this

Memory Timings 5-5-5-15 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
Command Rate (CR) 1T

but ever time i run 3dmark06 cpu test it restarts the computer :bang head
were am i going rung is it volts ?
there a loads of setting im the bois i dont know what to do with them

any help is help plz stiker users help me chears:beer:

try increasing you cpu voltage a nudge or two.it sounds like your cpu is just unstable at the voltage your running.you may also want to downclock your memory back to stock.ocing both just makes it harder to troubleshoot the culprit.

welcome to OCF!

try increasing you cpu voltage a nudge or two.it sounds like your cpu is just unstable at the voltage your running.you may also want to downclock your memory back to stock.ocing both just makes it harder to troubleshoot the culprit.

welcome to OCF!

my volts are
Vcore 1.34
NB 1.44
memry 2.27
1.2VHT 1.36v

using asus pc probe II but i set it higher than this in the bois can any 1 help ?

my volts are
Vcore 1.34
NB 1.44
memry 2.27
1.2VHT 1.36v

using asus pc probe II but i set it higher than this in the bois can any 1 help ?

There is always a slight difference between BIOS settings and monitoring programs.

I would personally ditch ASUS probe. You will want to download

1. CPU-Z
2. CoreTemp oir Speedfan, or both :)
3. Prime 95, or Orthos, or both :)
4. GPU-Z

Those will get you started with all of the monitoring and stress testing (for starters). Google them, or if OCF has a download section (I couldnt find one) they will likely be there.

I would agree that increasing your Vcore is a good starting place. Also 3Dmark06 is a benching program and not a stability program. I would start with Prime 95 or Orthos if you are looking to test stability.

Welcome to OCF and good luck! Feel free to ask any questions whatsoever. There are no stupid or silly questions, and if there were I would have beaten you to them :)

Just curious, but did you have as much trouble getting your striker to work? i have been at it for about 4 hours now, and i cant get anything to work.

Just curious, but did you have as much trouble getting your striker to work? i have been at it for about 4 hours now, and i cant get anything to work.

What problem are you having? That dang CPU_Init nonsense?

Be specific with your issues and we can try to help.

Back